I am having a proud mommy moment so bare with me. Each year in Elementary school my girls have entered the Reflections Contest. In the past Makayla has always submitted art work. This year I talked her into doing something a little different. Of course, I suggested entering the Photography category. She thought that would be fun and we talked about what she would like to do and how she would like to relate it to the Reflections Theme, "Together We Can..."
I helped her with the camera settings and she took my camera and began taking pictures. I uploaded them for her and pulled up Photoshop and she played with it until she found a result that she liked. She filled out the entry form and titled it, "...Live in Harmony."
I got a phone call on Sunday from a woman at Jordan Ridge Elementary and she told me that Makayla won an "Award of Merritt" for her reflections entry. There was an awards assembly on Thursday and I decided not to tell her and just let her be surprised at the assembly. She said when she saw me sitting there as she walked into the gym she thought to herself, "Oh Crap!" I said, "why would you say that?" and she said, "Because I knew I probably won an award and I HATE getting up in front of the whole school like that!" haha This is the first Reflections award in our family.
She got a bunch of gift cards to restaurants (like 7 of them!), a certificate and water bottle (like I need any more water bottles!) We are SO proud of her. We also had parent teacher conference on Wed and she got straight 4's (equiv to A's) It was nice having the teacher tell you she wanted to adopt your daughter. Makayla is just a sweet and special daughter...if you were to tell me that there was another little girl out there that was any sweeter, I probably wouldn't believe you! :)
This is the photo she took for her entry...."Together We Can..."
"...Live in Harmony"
Speaking of good grades, while I'm on my mommy kick, Kylee started her first quarter as a 9th grader off with a 3.95 GPA. The class that she got her A- in was Spanish and she was only 1% away from having an "A". The darn teacher was not willing to budge and help her do anything to raise it 1% (seriously? Come on!) Apparently he didn't give anybody in that class an "A" which is beyond ridiculous if you ask me. What is up with teachers who are like that?
Talon and Hunter also got good grades. I am just so proud of all of my kids and just so happy that they are smarter than I was! :)





3 comments:
Are you going to frame it and put it by the piano?
That is so funny what she said, Ivy would have felt the same way. She was rolling her eyes at the primary program after she finished her part, not because she thinks she's too cool, but because she HATES being in front of people! They are so funny :) although, I kind of felt the same way growing up. I remember trying to purposely get a word wrong in our 6th grade class spelling bee so I could sit down.
Oh, sweet Makayla!!! She is the greatest! I would be so proud too! And way to go Kylee - those grades are freaking awesome!!! You sure have great girls!
Very cool, Makayla! I love it - congratulations!
Post a Comment