It has been so long since I have blogged. I have so much to catch up on and it becomes overwhelming when I think of everything I want to post, all that has been happening, some of my feelings and then...I just don't do it because it IS so overwhelming.
SO, I am just going to take a minute and document some of my favorite things of each of my kids.
They are growing up so fast and changing so much and my memory is getting worse and worse. I don't want to forget these little things that I have come to hold so dear to my heart.
I am going in reverse order here and starting from youngest to oldest.
My favorite things about Cash Don @ 2 years:
~ Our morning routine of bringing him into my room with his chocolate milk and "nuggling" in my bed while he watches his favorite shows: Bubble Guppies, Team Umizoomie, Dora, Diego and Spongebob. (I try to limit them to educational ones)
~ The way he pronounces Hunter's name "Toto" and sometimes "Toto Jay" & Kayla's "Ka wah"
~ Hearing him sing and dance to his favorite songs, "We Will Rock You" & "YMCA"
~ The way he ALWAYS refers to himself in the third person. "Get me my Cashy's deedee (blanket)", "Dat Cashy's (whatever)" etc.
~ He knows his letters A-Z on sight recognition, numbers 1-10, colors and shapes and will always quiz me on them. "mom, what color is dat?, what letter is dat?....when you give him the right answer he says, "Yeah! Dat yellow" etc. just so happy that you got it right!
~ He calls me "Kim" when he's not getting my attention by calling me "Mom". Not that I like it when he calls me "Kim", I just think it's really funny that he figured it out...especially when I didn't know he even knew my name.
~ Watching him use his imagination and play with cars, trains and airplanes using sounds and motions. His imagination is expanding and it is so fun to watch him play!
~ He thinks he is one of the kids and will follow his brother's around everywhere doing what they do. Especially if it involves video games. The two older boys will be laying on the floor or beds playing their DS's and Cash will be right along with them playing Hunter's old Gameboy. SO CUTE!
~ His cute little high voice and the way he talks...as well as his giggles.
~ The way he loves to see churches and Temples and points them out continually. He also likes rainbows or things shaped like them.
~ His beautiful brown eyes! He can pretty much get what he wants just by looking at me with those babies!
My favorite things about Hunter Jay @ 7yrs:
~ The way he always loves to snuggle with me and will even ask to do so on many occasions. (Uh, does he even need to ask?)
~ The way he is such a good big brother to Cash. He will play with him, take him downstairs to play with him, help get him things he wants or needs, reads him stories...just AWESOME with him!
~ Watching the smile on his face appear when he is playing baseball and hits the ball!
~ His funny sense of humor! He really is a funny kid and is such a boy in the way he thinks and the things he does and says.
~ His giggle when he thinks he has done something funny, or when someone else has done something funny.
~ Playing "Bingo" with yellow cars on the road as we drive. (because of this game, Cash will randomly shout out "BINGO" when in the car. so cute!)
~ His speech impediment. He has trouble pronouncing his "R's" and I know it won't be cute when he's older, but it sure is cute now and I hate to have to correct it.
~ His sweet little heart and willingness to do anything I ask him...even if it's tickling my feet.
~ When he kisses me out of the blue and tells me he loves me! (which is often)
~ The fact that even though he is little in stature, he can hold his own and is pretty aggressive!
~ He is always begging to wrestle with his dad.
~ JUST HIM!!! He is such a sweet, good little boy and I have always had such a strong bond with him from the minute he was placed in my arms as a newborn baby.
My Favorite things about Talon Chet @ 10 yrs
~ His super cute freckles!
~ Listening to him play his guitar and getting better and better at it.
~ Watching him improve in football.
~ His cute smile when you compliment him on something. He gets kind of shy and will just flash his big smile and say thank you.
~ The way he races to open the door for me before we enter/exit a building.
~ His huge heart and willingness to do anything to make you happy. He is such a sweet boy and such a good kid.
~ Watching him hang with his dad watching concerts and getting into the same music his dad likes.
~ Hearing him talk sports with his dad, cousin and friends!!! I seriously love having little boys. They are so different than girls and I find myself continually intrigued by the things they say & do.
~ The way he makes sure his hair is perfect before going to school. He is quite the ladies man! :)
~ His sick sense of humor and the way he finds humor in other people getting hurt! (strange kid)
~ Also his big brown eyes and long eyelashes!
Makayla "Sue" @ 13 yrs
~ Her sweet, SWEET spirit!
~ Her desire to continually do what's right!
~ Her "motherly" personality. She takes care of her younger brothers so well, especially Cash. Continually taking care of him, getting him things and helping him even if I am around. All without being asked.
~ Her beautiful smile and the way her eyes sparkle when she does.
~ She will do nice things for me without being asked: Making cookies, doing the dishes, getting Cash dressed for me, mopping the floor... etc!
~ Her long, thick and beautiful hair.
~ She is very selfless. Often sacrificing things she wants to do or things she wants so that you can do or have what you want.
~ Watching her dance.
~ Her ability to save money... the girl has almost $300!!!
~ Her DIMPLES!!! She is my only child that really has any type of dimples at all. They are something I love and especially wanted my kids to have since their dad has AWESOME dimples!
~ The way she takes pride in her grades. It is very important to her to get good grades and she strives for those straight A's!
~ She is just a girly girl and has always loved "girly" things!
~ I really could go on and on about her...What can I say, everything about her is my favorite... she is just a sweet and special girl!
My Favorite things about Kylee "Fu" @ 16 yrs:
~ Her beautiful, big brown eyes and LONG eyelashes!
~ Watching chick flicks on my bed just she and I or going to movies that Chet doesn't want to go see with me. It's nice having somebody to hang out with and glad she doesn't mind doing things with me.
~ Her funny personality and sense of humor. She keeps things fun and interesting.
~ The way she confides in me with things going on with friends and boys.
~ Our discussions about boys she likes or boys who like her.
~ Our drives alone in the car when we talk about whatever!
~ Jamming out to the radio in the car when we're going somewhere, singing at the top of our lungs and dancing (as much as one can while sitting in a car). Sometimes I would love to know what the people in the cars next to us are thinking!
~ Watching her cheer and love it just like I did.
~ Watching her tumble, listening to her play the piano & seeing her artwork after she spends time to draw something. She is a very talented girl and can do just about anything she tries. I have always admired that about her...even from the time she was a very little girl.
~ I feel like we are growing closer and love that! We still have many arguments but I love hanging out with her and having alone time with her.
~ Texting random things or quotes from movies back and forth for no reason at all.
~ The fact that we are the same size and can wear the same clothes! My wardrobe has just expanded considerably...OH YEAH!!!!
I love ALL of my children so very much and I feel so honored, privileged and blessed to be their mom. I still ask myself what I did to deserve them, but I'm glad Heavenly Father saw fit to send them to me anyway!
Sunday, November 6, 2011
A Few of My Favorite Things
Posted by Kim and Chet at 10:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
So Cute KIM! I love your pictures too. I wish you were here to take some maternity picts of me. I miss you and you family. Christmas can't come soon enough.
I LOVE this!!! What a smart boy Cash is to know his letters! That's awesome. I loved all the updates. What cute, good kids! And that's awesome you can talk to Kylee about boys and things. Lots of girls that age won't do that with their moms! Cute pictures too!
Post a Comment