HELP! Call the cops! Someone, ANYONE!
I have had something very precious stolen from me and I think I know who the culprit is!
My suspicion is it's Father Time!
The last thing I can remember, I had kids. FIVE to be exact. My first being a beautiful baby girl, followed by another beautiful baby girl. I loved them, kissed them, played with them and did my best to take care of them.
THEN, I turn my back for an instant and the next thing I know my beautiful baby girls are now 18 year old and 15 year old young women!!!
I want my baby girls back! I am offering a reward to anyone who can find Father Time, lock him up and return those baby girls back to me! HUGE reward! Let's come together and keep him from stealing any more time from us!!!
Seriously though. I don't know where the time went. I miss the days of shopping for little girl clothes and little girl toys. I was at Walmart the other day shopping with my little Cashy. He wanted to go look at the toys as usual. Walking through the aisles and looking at cute little girl toys I kept thinking to myself, "Oh how cute! Kylee would love that! Then I had to remind myself... oh, they don't play with Little Mermaid dolls anymore...or baby dolls...or Barbie dolls for that matter.
BIG FROWN!
My sweet little Makayla is still as sweet as ever. BEAUTIFUL to the bone! She is so kind, considerate, unselfish, smart, funny, motherly, spiritual and EVERYBODY'S friend! She is also the biggest One Direction fan you will ever meet!
She is my angel and a HUGE example to me and is already one of my best friends.
I cherish her and the relationship that we have!
Makayla turned 15 on Sept 6th. She can now get her driver's permit, once she takes and passes the test!
{EEK!!!}
Yes folks, that means I will have TWO teenage drivers! (WHAT??!!)
And then there is my baby girl that made me a mother for the first time.
My Kylee Fu.
I've had a hard time with this birthday. Kylee..who is now a Senior in High School. 18!!!
For some reason, I don't feel like I'm old enough to have an 18 year old.
{EIGHTEEN!!}
Oh my!
I have thought a lot about these past years...
Was I a good mom? Did I teach her everything she needs to know? Have I prepared her well to go into the world?
So, SO many things I wish I could go back and change. I would handle some things so differently. I would not have been so hard on her. I would not have expected so much.
Parenthood definitely is not easy. I am constantly learning and unfortunately for Kylee, she is our guinea pig.
I wanted to make her 18th birthday special. Especially since I feel bad that her 16th was a big fail. (not totally my fault! We were trying to find a date to do it, which couldn't be for a month after AND everything I came up with, she shot down. So eventually she said she really didn't care for a big party and just wanted to hang out with me and a friend. So we did a movie, shopping and ice cream.)
I had saved for about 6 months and rented out the public outdoor pool in our area. We coordinated with some of her friends to surprise her this year. I picked the weekend before her birthday to help throw her off. Plus her dad was going to be out of town on her actual birthday.
I thought she would probably figure things out, but she was definitely surprised! (which always makes me feel successful!) Even though she is 18, she still loves The Little Mermaid and The Lion King. Since we were going to be at the pool, we decided to go with the Little Mermaid theme.
She had lots of family and a few of her friends that showed up and she was so happy!
Ky has grown into a beautiful young woman. We have always butted heads a bit, but I feel as if our relationship is moving on to a new and wonderful level. I enjoy spending time together. She is my shopping buddy and movie buddy. My favorite thing to do though, is lay on my bed and talk. I love hearing about her day and nights at cheer, her dates and other "boy" talk.
I love her so much and wouldn't trade her for anything or anyone in the world.
I am so grateful for my baby girls! I love them so much and feel so blessed every day to be there mom!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY GIRLS!!! <3 p="">3>





1 comments:
Robbed! Seriously. Somebody stop them right here - no more growing!!!
Post a Comment