Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Hunter

FINALLY!!!

I have an UPDATE...YAAAY!!!!

I have been so busy this last month and there is much to catch up on. However, most of the big events of this last month deal with my cute little Hunter Jay so this post is dedicated to him.

{Birthday Boy}

First, our little guy turned SIX!!! I have no idea how that happened. I swear, we just celebrated his 5th birthday. Already, here we are into the last part of April and before we know it, this year will be over.

He had a GREAT day! We started off with opening his presents early in the morning. He was so excited to FINALLY get the one thing he has been begging for, for the last two years.

A Nintendo DS! It HAD to be blue...let me tell you, I found some good deals on white ones and black ones, but NO...it had to be blue!


His comment was, "FINALLY!!! I got what I have always been asking for!"


Then he had his first birthday party with his friends. The first choice was Chuck-E-Cheese's but this momma is all moused out so his next choice was Classic Fun Center. Thank You! They had a great time skating, (or using their scooters more like) and playing the arcades.


Since Hunter was the birthday boy he got to do some special things like spin the fun wheel and get into this little money chamber thing where they blew money and he had to catch as much money as he could. It was so funny because at first the money blew right into his face and stayed there and he couldn't see for a bit!

Then, when that party was over we came home and it was time for his birthday party with family. For breakfast he wanted french toast, then we went to the "rocket McDonald's" for lunch and then pizza for dinner. What a fun birthday he had!

{Beauty and the Beast}

Hunter had his kindergarten operetta which was darling! They performed "Beauty and the Beast" and he had an introductory singing part and the part of a narrator.
There he is in the front left corner looking ever so thrilled to be there! Let's just say that by the third performance he was DONE and didn't want to go do it again!


{BASEBALL}

Baseball season has begun and contributed to the craziness called my life! The boys often have practice and games overlapping and then throw in tumbling, dance, guitar lessons and Young Women's....AAAH! Heaven help me!

Hunter is now playing machine pitch which has been different than the coach pitch T-ball he has been playing the last two years. He had a great hit the other night at his game but unfortunately the ball came off of his thumb as he swung the bat. It was a great hit and I cheered him on, wondering why he was not running very fast to first base or why he stopped halfway there. Then as the coach started to run towards him I heard him crying and the coach looked up at me and said, "he's bleeding!" and THAT he certainly was. There was blood everywhere! His thumb was split and the nail cracked and immediately purple. We got it bandaged up and the poor kid did not want to get back out there and play. But we had a nice talk and I told him to be brave, and play the rest of the game. I also told him if he stuck it out we would get him something special afterward. Through his tears he said, "Okay, I think I should get some gloves!"
DEAL!!!
gNow, he has a nice set of batting gloves just in case he gets hit in the hands again!

I could not be more proud of him. He was such a tough, brave little guy and played the rest of the game without another tear and even got up to bat again. There was fear in his eyes but he still gave it all he had. When we got home we cleaned it up really good and all night he kept saying under his breath, "Ow...It's hurting, it's hurting...I can be tough, I can be tough!" So cute!!!

That is what it looked like that night. Now it's pretty purple and still swollen. What a little champ. I cannot say enough how this little guy just pulls on my heart strings. He is MY little guy and I just love him SO much! There is just something special about him and I am so grateful that he's mine!!! LOVE YA BUD :)

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

What a cute little man! Looks like he had a great B-day! And fun Easter pictures too! That egg attached to the dipper...too funny!

Evie B. said...

I can't believe he's alredy six!!!! Where did the time go?

Poor little guy...that finger!!! Ouch!