Here we are! We made it through the Holidays and began a NEW YEAR! I am continually amazed at how fast the time flies. Especially these last couple of years. It has made me realize and contemplate a lot of things. Namely, how quickly my children are growing up and how soon they will be off on adventures of their own. *sigh* The thought makes me sad so I try not to dwell on those things for too long!
One of the most wonderful things about a New Year, to me, is a "fresh start." A chance to put the past behind us and work on our goals for the year. This last year has definitely had its ups and downs. We had a great year at the beginning and a little bit rougher one towards the end. No matter, through it all I have really learned a lot about myself and others this past year.
I have learned some very important lessons that I will take with me for the rest of my life. How important it is to pray continually, to live in a manner that the spirit will be your guide. How grateful I am for a Savior and the Atonement. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could all be perfect and never make a mistake in our lives? About a week ago I was in a meeting with a man and he said, "Pencils come with an eraser for a reason." Well, so do we! Heavenly Father knew we would make mistakes and how thankful I am for the "eraser" he provided for us. I have a lot to work on but grateful to be able to put things behind me and move forward! I am so very happy with where I am at at this moment and looking ahead with a smile on my face.
I am so grateful to have such wonderful friends who love me and stick by me in spite of my MANY imperfections and crazy mood swings. For those weekly 2 hour phone calls talking about everything or even nothing at all. For the monthly lunches and "girl time" spent together.
On the same note, I am SO thankful for a husband and children and incredible extended family who also do the same. You are ALL the ROCK in my life...without you I could never have made it this far. I don't know how I became so blessed and my life is so very full at this moment!
I am excited for all the opportunities this year holds for me (and my family). There have been some wonderful opportunities presented to me that I will talk more about in a later post (so that this one does not drag on forever) but I am excited about all the possibilities and potential it has to offer.
I am looking forward to a great vacation with my family and extend a HUGE thank you to everyone out there helping us out with Cash so we can make this possible, enjoyable and worry free... LOVE TO YOU ALL!
I have lots to work on and there are going to be some really rough times in the next few months but I am just going to try and be faithful. Things happen that I have no control over. (which is another thing I have really learned over the years!) I cannot control what people do, how they think or what may happen. All I can do is try to do what I feel is right, do the best that I can, be more forgiving and less judgmental. (among many other things) Thanks for all the support and understanding as I try to improve who I AM!
Here's to a great New Year and a wonderful FRESH START!!
Friday, January 21, 2011
2011: A Fresh Start
Posted by Kim and Chet at 12:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
What a sweet post. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Love you!
What is it about the first of the year that makes us reflect so much? Good post Kim!
Post a Comment