Sunday, June 5, 2011

Our New Addition

Meet the newest member of our family.

Axl {Buster} Blade


He is a 7 week old Siberian Husky who officially joined our family on Friday. We met him and picked him out when he was only 4 weeks old.

Such a beautiful little guy. Aren't those blue eyes mesmerizing! (I've always wanted a baby with dark hair and blue eyes!) He looks just like his daddy who is quite beautiful. In fact, we saw a picture of his daddy as a pup and we thought it was our Axl at first until we read the caption underneath the picture.

The kids are quite taken by him and having a great time. He certainly isn't hurting for loves and attention. (we'll see what happens when he gets older though and they get tired of the poop cleanup, brushing, walking etc) It's an adjustment for sure, since we haven't had a dog since Gunner died two years ago...let alone, the fact that I haven't had an indoor dog since I was 13 years old. The first couple of nights with him were rough...he was really missing his momma and siblings...but, I hope he is starting to adjust to our family.

We had a hard time deciding on his name. There were so many that we all loved like; Axl, Blade, Titan, Sixx, Edge & Koda to name a few. Kylee insisted on Axl from the beginning. (I think only because she came up with the name) We took a vote on paper and narrowed it down to two names. From there it was very close between Axl and Blade. "Axl" was the winning name but only by two votes. Cute Hunter insisted on "Buster" since the day we picked him out...so, we told him he could have a middle name of "Buster". However, for his paper work we went with "Axl Blade"....shhhh, don't tell Hunter.

These are pictures of his parents...

This is his daddy,
(isn't he just a handsome stud...I am hoping Axl turns out to be this good looking!)



And his momma...

Beautiful dogs aren't they? Now, just wish me luck with the house training...UGH!!!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Wow! How exciting! I bet your kids are in heaven! He is a beautiful dog. And yeah - that flower picture I took at the temple, totally just a lucky shot! It's barely even edited! Just a lucky lucky shot! I am in love with it though! I used my 50mm w/1.8 apeture. It was a cloudy day and I just think I really lucked out!

Cami Jo said...

What a cutie! Such a beautiful dog! I love the name too. Fits.