....and never been kissed
(or so she claims!)
16 Years ago, on a hot August day I went into the Dr's office for a routine check up on my pregnancy. I was 38 weeks along with a baby I was anxious to meet. My cute husband always attended every appointment with me and so it was, he picked me up from my work at 10:00 in the morning and took me to my appt.
The Dr checked and checked and began to ask me if I was having any pains? Never being pregnant before I really didn't know what to expect, so I said a little back ache. He told me I must have a very high pain tolerance (which is soooo NOT true) because I was dilated to a 3 and 100% effaced. He told me I would go into labor within the next day or two tops and was about to send me home.
Chet and I looked at each other and the same thought crossed our mind. Our family was leaving to St. George for the annual fights the next day. We mentioned that to the Dr. and he said he would call the hospital and let them know I was on my way to be induced.
The labor was not fun and the epidural didn't work. Finally, after an hour of pushing, at 7:55 pm, on August 9, 1995 I heard the words, "It's a girl!" and became a mother.
Chet and I didn't want to know what we were having with her and it was a fun surprise! She was beautiful! Teeny tiny, weighing only 5 lbs 11 oz and 18 inches long. She had a head of coal black hair and beautiful dark eyes....we named her Kylee.
My beautiful baby girl. Never did I imagine that the years would pass by so quickly and my beautiful girl would be now be 16!!!
How did that happen so dang fast?
I am SO afraid for what lies ahead with the dating thing.... aaaahhhhh, HELP!!!
She was SO mad at me for making her wear this tiara. I thought I was being nice by making her wear this instead of the T-shirt I thought about getting her. Well, she informed me she would've rather worn the T-shirt..... oh well!
Her dad sent her some beautiful roses with a card that made me cry.
She has always been a daddy's girl....and I think she will forever have him wrapped around her fingers!
I took her to Red Lobster for lunch.
Let me just tell you that this lobster spinach artichoke dip was absolutely TO DIE FOR!!!
SO YUM!!!!
Then later that night we had her family party after she opened her presents from us. She got the Katy Perry concert a few weeks ago which was a big chunk of her bday and then she got a shirt, some of her favorite jeans, earrings and new scriptures from us.
It has been such a joy to watch her grow up into a beautiful young woman. She is an amazing daughter and I feel so blessed to have the privilege and honor of being her mom. I'm so grateful for that hot, August day 16 years ago that made me a mother. I know she deserves a much better one than myself, but still I'm grateful that she is mine!
HAPPY SWEET 16 to my beautiful, talented and amazing Kylee Fu!
We love you SO much baby girl!
Tuesday, August 9, 2011
Sweet 16
Posted by Kim and Chet at 9:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
love that last picture and the one of her and Chet!
Crazy stuff- it's funny to look at pictures of both of us as first time mom's- we look like kids ourselves! So nuts- can't believe we both have 16 year olds now! Time is FLYING!!!!
Happy Birthday to your absolutely gorgeous daughter!! I hope Chet is ready to fight off all the boys now that she is legal!
She is Beautiful! Glad she had a fun birthday. And, secretly, I love the crown. I would wear it all the time if it were mine. And...if I was 16 still. Happy Late Birthday Kylee!!!
Post a Comment