Thursday, January 17, 2013

Lets Give a Cheer

For the BHS Cheerleaders!  They are the 2013 4A/5A Co-ed Cheer State Champions and Overall high point winners!!!

I could not be more proud of this team than I was after their performance last Saturday (Jan 12).  The team was put through the wringer in a  matter of 2 days.  First, one of their strongest girls tore her Achilles on Thursday night.  So, Friday morning they had 3 hours to make some serious changes in the routine. They performed it at halftime at the boy's basketball game that night and it fell apart at the end.  Second, on Saturday morning, day of competition, about an hour before they were supposed to meet at the school we find out that another girl just flat out quit the team.  So, more changes were necessary just hours before the competition!  YIKES!!!

Needless to say, I was sick to my stomach with nerves.  However, the team came out and performed an amazing and nearly flawless routine and walked away with the State Championship as well as the 4A/5A Overall High Point trophy!!!  It just goes to show what an amazingly strong team they are!

Here is the video of their performance.  Kylee is on the top left with the long, dark pony tail and her back facing the camera.  I still kind of tear up at the end every time I watch this.  Just knowing what they had been through in a matter of 2 days and still accomplished... I am just SO extremely proud of them!  Good luck to the team as they head to Nationals in Anaheim, CA this March!




I am also so proud of this cute girl and feel so blessed that she is part of such an amazing High School cheerleading team and program! She did great!!!

Although, her wonderful coach is the one that helps make it all happen!  She is amazing and absolutely knows what she is doing!  We are so blessed to have her coach this team.  She is such a talented and wonderful person on the inside and out, and has made such an impact on Kylee's life.  She loves these girls/boys and they love her.  Then again, how could you not?  Thank you Amber for everything!!! <3>

Below is some footage of when they were announced the Overall winner out of the 4A and 5A schools. So much fun!

1 comments:

Cami Jo said...

Such a fun post! That is so awesome! Thanks for putting the videos up too! Congrats Kylee! I'm glad you have that long pony tail so I can keep track of you in the movie!!! You rock!