Thursday, January 17, 2013

Welcome 2013


 When I was a little girl, I remember watching movies that were supposed to be way into the future. Like, Back to the Future 2 and others where the year was 2010 or such and there were flying cars, keypad locks, flat screen TV's that would talk to you when you walked in and the fashion was tight spandex, space age clothing with a zipper, belt and boots (or the likes).

Well, here we are well into the future and in the year 2013! Aside from the flying cars and maybe the fashion, the technology was not far off from those movies.  It's amazing how much things have changed and developed over the years.  As a kid and teenager even, I never would have dreamed it possible to have my own gadget that was a phone, music player, video game player and TV/movie player all in one! (let alone just a portable phone PERIOD!) and then throw in a portable computer or tablet into the mix....WHAT? A portable computer? A tablet? What is THAT?  That is what my generation would have been thinking when we were kids.

How funny, that the things were were able to live without and get by just fine are now things that we feel lost and naked without!  Our kids feel slighted if they are the only ones without a cell phone or iPod.  I do love to see pictures circulating on FB and other networks of 8 track tapes or cassette tapes, rotary telephones, boom boxes, typewriters and the old Atari video game console.  It brings back such wonderful memories of a life that seemed simpler then.  Less to worry about... less ways for kids to get into trouble... Less ways to spread gossip and ruin somebody's reputation among masses of people. Technology has it's pros, but with that, it certainly has it's cons as well.

I won't lie. This last year has been extremely hard.  One of the hardest years I think I have ever experienced in my life.  I learned a lot from the trials of this last year but pray like crazy I don't have to experience those things again!  I am not hearbroken at all to see 2012 leave and I am welcoming 2013 with open arms!!!  I look forward to a new beginning and hope for a much better year.  I am trying to be more positive and patient. Just wanting to be a better mom, wife and person in general.  We can't all be Supermom and I am trying to be satisfied with who I am and what I can do.  I am only trying my best...could I try a little harder? ALWAYS!  We all can always improve and should strive for that daily. That is my goal... to keep trying, to be positive and more patient.

Happy 2013 to all of you and may you have a wonderful and prosperous year!

1 comments:

Lindsay said...

Well put! I loved it! Thanks for your words of wisdom. I am definitely dreading the day when my kids will "need" an iPhone. I am trying to revel in these days when my kids actually love to just play with me! I LOVE it and can't even start to think of a day that it will end. Gives me too much anxiety. So hang in there! Love you!