Monday, May 11, 2009

Busy, Busy! Bouts and Fun!

Okay, fair warning that this is going to be a very long post. It has been a very busy last couple of weeks and I have so much to catch up on.

Every year the National Golden Gloves Tournament is held in a different state where 300 boxers come to fight (literally) for the national title. This year, for the first time in 40 years, it was held in SLC, Ut! Chet was on the committee for it so he has been very busy for the last few months trying to help put this thing together.

It went well and everybody who was a Fullmer or somehow related to one was immediately put to work each night. Even the kids got their staff shirts and were put to work selling merchandise, programs, running score cards and gloves. The nights were long and ran very late at times and all the help from everyone was greatly appreciated!


Two of our Utah boxers made it to the Semi-finals on Fri but both lost in close bouts. Kylee developed a crush on one of them and I asked her if I had to worry about the kind of boys she was going to bring home. (This one had tattoos and all...but is a cute and nice kid!)

This is kind of backwards, I know...but the week started of with the Hall of Fame banquet.


Really fun favors that Claudia had made up.


I ended up staying the night in the hotel that they gave Chet all week long. (I brought the kids up Thursday and we all stayed up there the rest of time.) Naturally, I couldn't leave Cash so he got the priviledge of going to the banquet and having his picture taken with the three Champs! (I hope he will come to appreciate this picture one day!)
Chet did an awesome job reffing and I just love watching him up there. After Thursday they start cutting officials because there aren't as many fights. In the past Chet usually gets cut after Thursday but this year he was chosen to ref one of the championship fights on Saturday. He was also put in the running for the "Outstanding Official Award". As cheesy as it sounds, seeing him up there and involved makes me feel so proud to be his wife and have the honor of carrying the Fullmer name. I am also so proud that I could give birth to three sons to carry on that great name and legacy.


We did have one mishap during the week and that was Thursday night when during the last fight the ring gave way and collapsed...sending the boxers into the judges table. Thankfully nobody was seriously hurt and that it happened when it did. They were going to use that ring on Saturday as the Championship ring so it is a good thing that if it had to happen, it happened when it did!

All in all it was a great week and went off well. I think everybody on the committee is SO tired and will not be in any hurry to host it again soon...Lol. It might be another 40 years before it returns!


Besides the Nationals, there was every day life going on too. Like....

Science projects,


Baseball...



Dance competitions...


MORE baseball...many nights we had two games at the same time, and I was trying to do it all solo! Here is Hunter sliding into home...too cute!

Piano recitals and also PLAYTIME! The kids were off track a couple of weeks ago and we spent almost everyday playing....Movies, McDonalds, parks and fun at Gateway!




Needless to say, I feel like this!

8 comments:

Shareen said...

Very cute post. I didn't know that Chet was up for that award. Who ended up getting it? What a fun week :)

Evie B. said...

Great recap!

Lindsay said...

I bet your are exhausted! Cute pictures though, I loved the ones at the Gateway! Fun!

Jeanne said...

Wow, nothing like getting it all in at once! Love the Gateway pics!!

Jeanne said...

Oh- and Hunter sliding into home- great shots!

Shanna said...

Great re cap I loved it I wish I would of known I would of been there morte to help but Im so excited it all turned out well!

Cami Jo said...

BUSY GIRL! It looked like a lot of fun! Wish we could've been to the fights. Those pictures in the fountain were so cute! I bet you are loving your camera!

Jeanne said...

You have to worry about tattooed boxers, and I have to worry about pirates- well, just Captn. Hook (see Lauren's wall)