I am the kind of girl who likes being "comfortable." Meaning, I don't stray to far from things I like and seem to work well for me. Like when I go to a restaurant I usually order the same thing EVERY time because I know I will like it and walk out satisfied. Sometimes I feel adventurous and try something new on the menu and end up being disappointed...So, I usually tend to just stick with what I know I like best with everything I buy.
However, I have tried a few things that have become three of my "new" favorite things!
A week before our cruise I had some lash extensions put on. I was so excited to finally have some long, beautiful lashes and I really didn't research them like I usually do when trying something that is "semi-permanent". I really wished I would have. As much as I loved the way they looked, they started to irritate my eyes and I noticed as they started to fall out how damaged and REALLY, SUPER SHORT my own lashes were. Much shorter than before I had the extensions put on...and even shorter than my lower lashes were!!! I was so sick to my stomach about it and immediately on the search for something to help repair the damage. Latisse was out of the question b/c I really didn't want to pay $100 for it so I decided to try something else....Loreal's Lash Serum. I had seen this product on TV and read reviews and let me tell you...after only two weeks of putting this serum on once in the morning and once at night, my lashes are healthier, longer and even a bit thicker. IT WORKS and I couldn't be happier!!! My lashes are almost back for only the cost of $12!
Now, when paired up with the next product my lashes are AMAZING!!!
I have always been a Maybeline, pink and green mascara kind of girl. It's cheap and it works great! Unfortunately, it has been replaced...my heart now belongs to someone new...
Another product from Loreal, The Double Extend mascara. This product is FABULOUS!!! You put the first coat on which applies "tubes" over your lashes extending them and then step 2 you apply the mascara. One word..."LENGTH!" Another thing about this product that I love so much...NO SMEARS, NO SMUDGES when it comes to clean up or when it gets wet. You simply use warm water and gently rub your eyes and the tubes come right off. It almost looks like your lashes are coming off in your hands and in the sink but it is just the tubes. NO raccoon eyes, NO soap, NO mascara remover, just simply warm water...how can you pass that up?! Now, is it worth twice the cost as Maybeline's Great Lash mascara?...YES!!!
Now, when it comes to sugar I am more daring when trying new things. I am a huge fan of Almond Joys...probably my favorite candy involving chocolate. (not a huge chocolate lover) but I LOVE coconut and the combination of chocolate and nuts just makes my taste buds sing. Now make them smaller and coat them with a candy shell and you have....
Sunday, June 13, 2010
Three of my Favorite Things
...HEAVEN!!!! (nuf said!)
Posted by Kim and Chet at 3:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Oh YUM. I've been wanting to try all the varieties of those "Pieces" - they look amazing! Sorry about your eyelashes...bummer - I'm glad that Loreal stuff works so great! Awesome!
absolutely LOVE the almond joy pieces!!!! YUM!!! :)
Ooh, interesting mascara.. I am fascinated by the tube thing. I might have to try it.
Post a Comment