Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Cheer, Oakcrest and Gas...

Kylee had her tumbling recital Monday evening. The same day she was supposed to go to Oakcrest. I was stressed not knowing what to do since her position in Cheer was hard to replace, I had already paid for both Oakcrest and her tumbling/cheer costumes...so, what to do?

Well, I decided to just take her up on my own on Tuesday morning. We got up at 5:00am to get out the door by 5:45 and arrived at Oakcrest in the Kamas valley by 7:00am.

On the drive back I decided to stop and visit my niece, Cami, in Heber. We had a nice visit and the kids had fun playing. When it was time to go we headed back through Provo Canyon...a way I had never gone before. It is such a beautiful canyon, I think it took a little bit longer to get home but it was a nice, scenic drive.

Every now and then my van would hit the grooves in the middle and side of the highway making a loud vibrating sound. As I hit the first one, Hunter says,

"Mom, what was that?"

Me: "The car stinkered."

A little while later, I hit another one.

Hunter: "Mom, the car stinkered again!"

Me: "I know, it must be full of GAS!"

It took him a couple of minutes to get the joke but then his eyes widened and he laughed and laughed and didn't stop for about 20 minutes. Even after that every now and then I would hear a little giggle and a quiet, "full of gas!"

Haha....I'm glad HE thinks I'm funny...Kudos to me for being quick witted for ONCE in my life!~ :)

I was going to post videos of Kylee's tumbling/cheer routines but after an hour of only one video STILL not finished uploading I decided against it. She is doing so well...she has her standing back handspring, tuck (which is really hard because you have no momentum getting yourself in the air like a running roundoff, back handspring, tuck. She also got her double standing tuck which she performed on her own, without a spot, for the first time that night...I failed to get that on video though b/c she did it at the very end when each class came back on in the finale and I had no idea she was going to try it! :( Now she is working on her layouts, twists and front tucks. GO KYLEE! I am a proud mama bear!!!

2 comments:

Cami Jo said...

You are one funny gal! Very clever. And GO Kylee! I'm so impressed, like I said before, I think I can still handle a somersault but that's about it! I'm glad you guys stopped by. You'll have to come again soon, and maybe you guys could all come and even spend the night! We'd love to have more visitor's!

Jeanne said...

Yes the quick wit moments feel like such a triumph huh? It's good you documented it! :) Very funny!

Sometimes I must share the word verification- today it is slabor-- and Ivy and I are reading HP4 and Hermione has just getting ready to start SPEW I believe because of the "slave labor" SLA-BOR- how funny.