Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My Makayla

'kayla 06 Spotlight on Makayla.

What can I say...she is "special". From the very second she was born, you could immediately feel the sweetness of her spirit. She naturally wins everyone's heart and loyalty. People are drawn to her. She is smart, earning straight A's all year long. She is thoughtful and tenderhearted, always wanting to make you happy, tearing up at the slightest bit of raising your voice at her. She is beautiful inside and out, she had a boy call her asking her to "hang out" and it also came to her attention that she had her name carved in a heart along with this same boy's name in a public park playground.... already?

She is a great big sister and babysitter. She is very "motherly" and my girly girl. There is no doubt that she will make a wonderful mother some day.


kayla 09 She loves to dance and had her end of year recital a few weeks back. She did a great job and never stopped smiling ONCE!!! I think she was the only girl that had a smile on her face the entire time. She is such a good girl and it is so nice to not have to push her to complete things like her Soaring Eagle Award at school and her Faith in God. She is motivated and completes these things on her own. No doubt she will have her YW Recognition award before she is a Laurel. She loves to accomplish things and make others proud of her...and be proud of herself!


DSC_0693 copy
She still has that sweet childlike innocence and I hope she doesn't change once she gets into those dreaded Middle School years!


We love our Makayla and the sweet spirit she radiates every day. We cannot imagine our lives without her! I have been told so many times by adults and young adults that know her that they hope they have a daughter just like her...I hope they do too and I am so grateful that she is MY daughter! I have been SO blessed! kayla 02


1 comments:

Cami Jo said...

Beautiful, beautiful Makayla! What a doll! She is so sweet, and we love her!!!!