The last two years I have had the most wonderful calling in the world. BUILDING SCHEDULER!!! It was nice, laid back...lots of phone calls, but with my busy family, a new baby and crazy schedule it was the perfect calling. I was feeling nice and comfortable and SAFE!
Until, we got a phone call from the ward secretary saying the Bishop wanted to meet with us. Well, I was pretty sure Chet was safe since he was just put in as ward clerk so that leaves me. Panic was surging through my veins...what could it be...especially if the Bishop wants to meet with me? He and the second counselor came to the house and threw it at me. I knew that since I was feeling safe and cozy and had it nice and easy with my other calling for so long that it was going to be big....and it is. When the words "Primary President" came out of the Bishop's mouth all I could do was laugh...and laugh.
Me? Primary President? I haven't been in the Primary for 6 years. I don't know how to run an organization...are you SURE??? Uh, okay...I guess so, but I am seriously losing faith in your judgment!
It has been a very emotionally taxing ride so far. I have learned A LOT already, most importantly how crucial it is to PRAY and LISTEN and then DO what the Lord wants you to do. My anxiety is at it's peak and I feel so very inadequate. I can think of so many other Sisters that would be better at this calling than myself. I feel like I am going into this blind without a clue of what to do and where to even begin. I don't know that I have ever prayed harder in my life than I have these last 2 weeks. It will come, I know...but it is very frightening and intimidating right now.
However, I am excited to serve our little Primary...and when I say little I mean it consists of about 24 kids! L*I*T*T*L*E. But they are great kids and it will be a fun and great experience I'm sure. But I still can't help but wonder, "what on earth were they thinking?"
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Called to Serve...
Posted by Kim and Chet at 2:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Congrats on the new calling! You will be great! I'm just glad it's you and not me:) haha
Are you serious?!!! That is SO dang exciting! And FREAKY!!! But you will be amazing. I'm the 1st counsellor in our primary presidency and I know how much work goes into the presidency! Good luck! You'll do fabulous!
They were thinking you'll be amazing!!!! I'm so excited for you! I'm sure you'll grow to love it! Every "major" calling I've ever had, I cried when I got called, but I cried harder when I got released. You'll have great experiences! Congrats and GOOD LUCK!!! Remember....sugardoodle.net! If it doesn't pull up, google it and you'll find it. It's awesome!
You should never get "comfortable" in a calling. As soon as you do, the Lord teaches you that you are here to learn, and so learn you will. You will be awesome!! The Sunday I was playing the piano in primary and thought to myself "This is the best job in the church" the Bishop came and called me to be in the Young Womens. haha. That is just how it works. You will be awesome!!! And remember, they are just little kids and are very forgiving of our mistakes!!!
Post a Comment