Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Sweet Birthday Wish!

Here I am, another year older and hopefully another year wiser. My memory, however, seems to be going down the drain with each passing year.

I am now 36 and I can no longer say that I am closer to 30 than I am to 40...BOOO! But all is well...I still feel young, (and probably act WAY too young), I have my health and a beautiful family by my side!!! Nothing to complain about at all.

Chet worked from home today and watched Cash for me so I could enjoy a nice lunch with the "girls"...and it really was NICE! The night got busy with football and running kids here and there so we decided to celebrate with the whole family on Sunday and just had a nice little birthday celebration with our own cute little family.

Chet once again went way overboard with the gifts and I am so excited to put everything to good use! He snuck out and got a cheesecake and my favorite ice cream...Bryer's Strawberry...YUM!!! And had the kids sing to me. :) So fun!

I also had a very "special" and even considerably "cool" experience earlier today. I have debated on whether or not I wanted to share and post about it or to just keep it special in my own heart. However, because this is my journal, in a sense, I would like to document it and express that I do know with all of my heart that life is eternal. Families are eternal. This is the true Gospel of Jesus Christ and I know that our Heavenly Father has a plan for us, and that is why I share this experience for all to read.

I was getting ready for the day in my bathroom, putting on make-up etc. Really not thinking of anything in particular when all of a sudden I felt such a happy, joyful and almost peaceful feeling come over me. At that same moment the faint words popped into my head, "Happy Birthday my sweet, darling daughter." and I whispered back immediately, almost involuntary, "Thanks mom!"

It was such a fast, fleeting moment that you would almost wonder, "did I just think that up or was that really her speaking to me?" but the feeling that came with it was just too much to deny. I know that I was able to have that quick moment, in spirit, with my mom. It was the highlight of my day and something I will not forget soon...even with my declining "mommy brain!"

The kids were SO cute and sweet with me. Hunter in particular came out and said, "mom, I have something for you." He proceeds to pull a one dollar bill from behind his back and held it in both hands at each end. He then says, "Do you see this? This is for you!" and hands it to me. So cute! I still do not know what I did to be so blessed. I love my husband, I love my children and I love my life. I am grateful for everything it has brought me...even the difficult trials, for it has made me who I am today.

Happy 36th Birthday to me...I am looking forward to MANY more!!! :)

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Happy Birthday Kim! What a sweet story, that is so amazing. Thanks for sharing! I hope it was a great day!

Jana Sohm said...

Happy Happy Birthday Kim!! What a sweet experience! I am sure your mom is always right by your side! Hope your day was super!

Cami Jo said...

I have chills. What an awesome storty. Thanks for sharing! Hope you had a great birthday!