Friday, April 15, 2011

Cheers to Kylee!

My sister in law, Shareen, calls it "Hell Week" and I have quickly adopted the term....because that is EXACTLY what it is. It's the longest, most nerve wracking, brutal week there is.

It brought back so many memories and the same feelings from when I went through the
same thing 20 years ago. We are talking about Cheer tryouts at Bingham!

Kylee has had this dream and goal of being a cheerleader at Bingham. She loves cheer and tumbling and has worked SO very hard in preparation for this day.

Cheerleading at Bingham has become quite competitive, making tumbling a HUGE MUST!!! There weren't very many girls that tried out and most of them had great tumbling....so I was biting my nails for her.

She is a great tumbler and can throw her roundoff handspring tucks with no
problem. In fact they are really fast and beautiful. She worked really hard wanting to get her standing double tuck for tryouts. She was able to get it down and tried out with them.

The tryout process was three days. She made it through first cuts on the first day and Thursday was the day of tryouts. She got some great help from her cousin who was a cheerleader there for 3 years and help from her current tumbling/cheer coach, who was the former cheer coach at Bingham, and she looked ready for the big day.

I did not sleep or eat all week. Knowing how bad she wanted this and how hard she worked for this, I wanted it so badly for her. I remember how it felt to be at both ends...not making it and then making it. It was deva
stating that first year I didn't make it and when I did the following year it was the most incredible and happy feeling in the world.

I did not want her to feel the devastated part.

She had great support from her family and friends and got some fun "good luck" posters and balloons!

Thankfully, her hard work paid off! They posted the list of numbers for the gi
rls that made the JV squad and a big #26 was on the list! None of the girls wanted to look at it at first but then they slowly walked up to the list. When she saw her number she grabbed her face and gasped. Then she turned around with a big smile on her face and tears in her eyes.
Then of course I started to cry with her. I am just so happy and proud of her. She was crying off and on but never stopped smiling from ear to ear as she called her dad, aunts, grandma's, grandpa's and friends.

She is still floating on the moon. She was so excited to go to
school today and while she was gone we decorated her room and I found the cutest "cheer bear" for her.


She went to a celebratory party with all of the cheerleaders tonight and had lots of fun getting to know some of the other girls on her squad. Aaaaah, I am just so relieved and happy for her! We are so very proud of our Fu girl.

I hope she has a great experience with it and continues to love it as I did. I really think this will help her with her self esteem and confidence and hope it will help her to find some meaningful and long lasting friendships.





CoNgRaTs Kylee!

Way to go!!!!












3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Woohoo! Go Kylee! That's awesome. And Happy Birthday to Hunter too!

Jana Sohm said...

Yeah!! I love when kids make the teams they work so hard for! That will be so fun watching her this next year!!

Cami Jo said...

I'm so excited for you both! (I can imagine you are as much excited about her doing cheer, as she is!) How fun for you girls to share that!!!

Anyway- you HAVE to shop at Walgreens! It's the best for saving money with coupons! You should watch the quick tutorial video on Couponing at Walgreens on the www.thekrazycouponlady.com website. (It's on the side)That's how I learned. I watched it a few times to get it down, and now I'm hooked on Walgreens!