I never, EVER thought it would be so hard to say goodbye to a car. A CAR! That's right, a big scrap of metal on wheels.
On March 13th, yes, that would be Friday the 13th, my daughter Kylee was driving home from work. She had her phone in her lap, big no-no, she got a text and looked down at her phone to check it out. Even BIGGER NO-NO!!!
BAM!!!
She looked up, traffic had stopped and she hit the car in front of her, destroying the front end of my red, Ford Escort. Now, this car was my baby. She was my High School graduation present to myself and first "big girl" purchase. (Let me mention I also bought her on Friday the 13th). I drove her off the lot with 3 miles on her. She has been in my life longer than my husband. There were so many memories in that car...she drove us away from the reception center on our wedding night, she brought our first baby home from the hospital. She was always dependable and reliable and was such a great car for me and my family.
We were hoping that my brother in law could maybe save her for a few hundred dollars...but, not to be so. Chet got the phone call a few days ago that we were in over what she was even worth. The tears came....and haven't stopped.
Monday, March 23, 2015
Goodbye Girl!
Kylee and I went to the body shop on Friday to get stuff out of the car and to say goodbye...well, I needed to say goodbye. I held it together until we got back into my van and then I had to have a moment and cried...cried hard, started to drive away, took one more look at my little red car and cried until I was almost home.
I know, it's so silly to be so sad over a car. I am the kind of girl that is very sentimental and in all honesty, for me, it was a very hard loss. I loved that car, I had her for 22 years, and she was good to me...and my family.
Goodbye little red. You deserve a very special place in car heaven. :(
Posted by Kim and Chet at 7:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment