Saturday, November 10, 2007

State Champs!

Whew! Can I tell you how glad I am that today is over with? Chet and I have been so nervous all week for his big game today. I think we both lost some weight due to lack of appetite and IBS! They went to the Championship game today undefeated to face Riverton who had only one loss...to us. Chet's team could not have played a more perfect game and beat Riverton 14-0. That's 3 in a row for Chet. (Should've been four but we won't talk about that game against West in 2004!) Chet's team, along with the A team are the first Junior Bantam teams (14 and 15 year olds) in the history of Bingham Little League to go to the playoffs undefeated! Now they will be the first to take the championship, too! Way to go. It's a very bittersweet end. It will be nice to have Chet around more but sad to think that it's over :( Until next year! (We missed you Cody!)

Time to add another championship year!

The kids were so excited for him and had the house all decorated for him. (after a quick phone call home to tell them the good news) What great kids we have!



Here are some pictures that they drew for him.

This is from Makayla.


This one Talon did! He got Chet's hairline right...haha! He is very detailed with his drawings. He even drew spikes at the bottom of their cleats.

We also had fights tonight at Dad's gym. Now that Cami is all "growed" up and living in Idaho he's been snagging Kylee for the National Anthem. She has been practicing all week and did a good job. She got really nervous and started out a little high but she pulled it off good. No way could you get me up there to do that! Here is a little video clip of her singing it.

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Congratulations Chet! From what I saw with only a few minutes left, the big kid's Bingham might not have been as happy as your team, but I hope I was wrong.

Cami Jo said...

Tell Uncle Chet Congrats! That's awesome!

I wish I could be around to hear Kylee sing it more. I bet she does great! That is pretty brave of her. (I would know. Just Kidding!)

Cami Jo said...

Okay, I'm a dork, and for some reason, I totally missed the video clip last time. She did such a good job. Does she even get nervous?

Have a fun Thanksgiving. I wish we could see you. I'm dying to see your living room still.