Sunday, November 25, 2007

We're back....boo hoo!

*sigh* This is the worst part of a vacation...having it end! We had SO much fun...there is much to tell and so many pics. I was going to compile them into a slide show but figured I would just post them on their own so that I could explain some things and then if you want to see them closer you can also click on them and get a larger view this way. I still am trying to figure out how to load things so things are VERY out of order. I guess I will just have to bounce around a bit and go backwards in telling you about our trip.

We went to the beach in Oceanside/Carlsbad (just outside of San Diego) on Friday. What a long but fun day Friday, aka "The Day After", was. I had to get my early bird shopping in and Chet and Christina were both such good sports to brave the crowds and chaos of "The Day After" shopping! Christina had never done it before so of course I had to show her what it was all about! We got to Walmart about 4:30 am and the line wrapped all around the parking lot. They are not open 24 hrs like the ones here so we waited and waited in line to get in. But hey, after 3 days at Disneyland we were used to waiting in long lines so it was nothing. We got in and honestly people in Calif. are not as rude and crazy as they are here! It was very crowded and hard to move, don't get me wrong, but the shoving and craziness of it all isn't as bad. We made our way around and got everything we wanted and got to the Christmas section in the Garden area and Chet wanted to look at lights so we went into that dept. and luckily there were two registers open that nobody obviously knew about b/c nobody was in line! They were backed up in the main section of the store so we walked right up and checked out without a problem! We then made our way over to Target, then we came home, went to the beach, Christina and I hit the outlets and did more shopping, then we came back ate, got Arinna and headed over to the mall to get pedicures and yet again did even MORE shopping! LOVE the day after Thanksgiving! =)


At the beach



Hunter fell in the water as they were wading in the ocean. He fell and got really wet. It was quite chilly outside and the water was even colder so I figured he get warmer quicker if we stripped him down and took off his wet clothes. Here he is showing you his wet and dirty hands/body! Poor kids continued to play in the sand and got it in and UP every crack of his body...LITERALLY!


Here are the kids decorating the Gingerbread house.



Talon up in the balcony in the entry of Tracy's house. (so nice btw!)

Happy Thanksgiving!


It was so nice having my whole family there together for Thanksgiving! We took some family pics at the lake in Tracy's subdivision.



This is the most expensive room in Tracy's house! His new Corvette he special ordered...SO FAST! And his old 1971 Mustang he rebuilt. The Mustang belonged to my uncles when we were little and for his 16th bday my dad bought it from them and gave it to him. It used to be gray and ran pretty crappy but he rebuilt and reupholstered and painted the inside and outside.





Going for a ride...nothing like going from 0 to 100 mph in less than8 seconds! I felt like I was back on the big roller coaster at Disneyland again!


We did our Christmas with Tracy's family while we were there. Here the kids are starting to decorate the tree.

Now we are at Disneyland at Pirates Lair. Formally known as Tom Sawyer's island. Now the Pirates of the Caribbean ride and shows surrounding it are all centered around Jack Sparrow. They have added him in the ride and you would think it was really him, they made him look so life like in the ride! They have a cute show they do at the little island across the ride and have lots of Pirate stuff all over the island now where kids can play and explore!



Where is Will Turner when you need him?!



We are just getting ready to leave Disneyland for the last time...boo hoo! Such sad faces in this picture!


Disney California (across the street from Disneyland!) Here they have their rides that are more for bigger kids and adults. If you ever go to Disneyland make sure you try out "The Tower of Terror"! It is by far the best ride I have ever been on and the best one out of both parks! SO much fun. It is hiding in a little corner at Disney California and it's kind of weird to find. Cute little Talon did not want to go on it but he's so brave and did it! We are so proud of him b/c he was SO scared to do it. He said he liked it and talks about it all the time but there's no way we could get him to go on it a second time! haha


Our little DIVA, Kylee. She bought her some sunglasses and every time she wears them we tease her and call her "little miss diva!" so when I saw this trailer I thought it was only fitting that we get her picture with it! After all every Diva needs her beauty sleep, right?
No way were we going to get Hunter and Kylee to get their pic with Snow White. Kylee hates her (only b/c Makayla loves her!) and Hunter kept saying he just didn't want to go see her. He kept saying "I don't want to see Snow White!" he would go see any character there but not her. He said, "I don't want to see a Princess!" One dad behind us in line said, "I can't say that I blame him!"...Guess I can't either! He is 100% BOY.



Here is the Christmas Parade! There were lots of pics we took of the parade but I only put a few on here. Santa came at the very end. (I told you I was doing this backwards...hehe)




Back to Hunter and Scully!


We all felt like this at the end of the night! All tuckered out!



Back to the Christmas Parade and waiting for it to start!






This is the new Princess from the movie "Enchanted" (can't seem to remember he name at the moment...haha)






Meeting the man, Mickey!







Minnie's and Mickey's houses all decorated for Christmas!




It was such a fun time of year to go to Disneyland! All of the lights and decorations were amazing. They do a firework show every night around the castle choreographed to Christmas music and then after the finale they play "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" and then they make it snow all along Main St. and around the castle and also in designated places in the park. It was really clumped up soap suds but it looked like big white fluffy flakes falling all over. It was really neat! They also play Christmas music over the speakers on Main St. and the "Small World" ride is completely lit up! They do a light show on the face of the ride every so often to the "Nutcracker" and the whole inside is all re-done and decorated to how different countries celebrate Christmas. I can't belive that they do entire park all in one night! Tracy and his family met us there on Sunday and we had lots of fun with them. Also, on Sunday Miley Cyrus, aka HANNAH MONTANA was filming for a Christmas special there in front of the castle (to be aired on Christmas Day) and we got to watch her sing. Christina took the girls up closer and they got to be in the audience and I was able to get some good shots of her singing with the video camera. Kylee was so bummed that we couldn't go to her concert so hey, figure this made up for it some...Disneyland AND Hannah Montana all in one day! =)

Snowing on Main St.



The castle all lit up with Christmas lights!



SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS!

I woke up the second morning and found the kids like this in their hotel bed. Makayla is on the right with her head at Kylee's feet. Kylee is completely diagonal on the bed and poor Tal is all scrunched up on the edge.



Main Street!

The gang!



SMALL WORLD all lit up. Notice the Santa hat on the clock face!

HAS ANYBODY SEEN HUNTER?

Hmmm...do you think the hat is a little too big?






This is the Haunted house all decorated. They change everything about the ride from October to December to the movie of "Nightmare Before Christmas". Personally I liked this ride the least of all, with the changes they make in the park for the season. It was not nearly as good as the regular Haunted House ride but the decorations were cute!


My little scurvy pirates...AAAAARGH!


Cute kids!

2 comments:

Cami Jo said...

How fun. It looks like you guys had a blast. Tracy's little girl looks so old since I saw her last! The pictures looked awesome. I've never really thought about going to Disneyland this time of year, but it looked awesome.
Too bad I didn't see you. We'll be home for a few weeks at Christmas, so we'll hang out then!
PS: Does Talon really suck his thumb? I never knew that.

Jeanne said...

How fun to look at all of those! I have not been there since I was about 7 or 8. It looks like you had a great time with your family and at Disneyland. That picture of the kids with the big C and Mickey would be a great Christmas card! What a cute family you have!
I know you are sad about coming home, but I am glad you are back! I have been checking your blog to see these pictures. It must have taken a long time to get all of that on! Thanks for being so prompt. I can't wait to show the kids.