Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Are You Smarter...

Than a Fifth Grader???

One of the fun {and stressful} things about being a fifth grader is you get to learn your States and Capitals.

Makayla studied and studied and worried so much about her test. She was so excited to find out that she got 100% and with that got a really cool binder from her teacher.

So, how well do you know them? Without scrolling down to see Makayla's answers just see if you can name each state and capital. (I myself, am a bit rusty!)



How did it go? Ready to see if you were right?
Click on the pic below to pull it up bigger so you can see.
Her spelling is pretty cute...good thing they didn't grade on that!



So, tell me...
are you smarter than a FIFTH GRADER???
(or AS smart in this case)

4 comments:

Evie B. said...

Way to go Makayla! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than I could do. Probably even when I was in 5th grade. :)

Cami Jo said...

I use to know them. Not so much anymore. I am better with knowing the capitals of the states, than actually WHERE they are located. I'm horrible at geography! Good for her. I'm impressed!

And yes, I would LOVE to go through some of your old stuff. I realized that Kenzie must have puked or pooped on more clothes than I thought, because I went to get Maddie some 6-9 month clothes, (especially looking for winter clothes) and there was hardly anything there! I'll be home in October sometime. If you need to get rid of them before then, go for it. But if you still have them when I come home, I'd be happy to check em out! Thanks for thinking of me!

Jeanne said...

No... I played a game of it last year in Tennyson's class. I came close to being the winning parent, but I was just not cut out for 5th grade I guess. Kim you forgot to give props to Mr. Mangus who made your class smarter than the other fifth grade classes. She really did use to know all of them people.

Kim and Chet said...

Jeanne is right...KUDOS to Mr.Mangus, the BEST 5th grade teacher in the world! :) Because of him I did know them all and could point them out and say them in record time! (even though I don't remember what it was, I just know it was FAST!) He would time us and we had to do it in a certain amount of time...those who did it the fastest got to pick a big candy bar out of his store!