Monday, September 21, 2009

Lucky

Sometimes in life we are given trials and tribulations. Situations are placed before us that we have no control over and it can be hard to deal with at times. It's even harder when some situations are brought on because of other people's choices and you see how their choices not only affect themselves but SO many people around them including yourself.

Well, life has been that way for me lately with so many different situations and although I am trying to positive and say, "there is nothing I can do, it's not my problem" it still brings me down. I feel discouraged and heartbroken that things
sometimes have to be the way they are, especially when it was no fault of my own. I can only do so much and I have tried and done my best to be a good person, right my wrongs, and be there for those who are struggling. Still it is easier said than done to "not worry" about certain things going on around me.

However, through the trials are blessings. The greatest blessings being my husband and children. I feel incredibly lucky to have scored that great guy I did and to have such beautiful children together. I have not been able to spend very
much time with him lately due to the busy football season and although I love him coaching, it has its rough times too. I feel like a single mom pretty much the whole time and I miss my alone time with him.

So, it made my heart smile when the doorbell rang the other day and on my doorstep was a man holding the most beautiful arrangement of roses and lilies. And it made me cry when I read the beautiful note telling me how much I mean to one incredible guy, who in turn, means so much to me! It is so nice to be reminded of not only how much Chet loves me but how much my Heavenly Father loves me also. He reminds me each day through every heart melting smile my baby gives me, through all the hugs and kisses and "I love you so much mommy" 's. And with the great friends that call me and spend hours on the phone with me talking about everything and even nothing at all.


When the storm comes, it is these blessings of the Gospel, family and great friends that make it possible for me to dance in the rain!

7 comments:

Sonda said...

I love you!!!

Lindsay said...

Those are such pretty flowers! And no, that tin wasn't mine, it was my aunt's. But it was dang cute...I'll have to figure out where I can get one. Maybe Tai Pan? Definitely a good investment!

Jeanne said...

I love that first picture, it's beautiful!
I am glad you had a cheering up. Our families are sure wonderful blessings and I know sometimes I realize it the most is in my trials. Maybe that is why I need them. Now if I could just afford the trials, but then I wouldn't have any.... well, it would greatly reduce the number :)

Shanna said...

Glad to hear it might be comming up! you know Im here for ya! Love ya

Cami Jo said...

What a great post. And a good reminder too. We may not all have the same trials, but we all have trials just the same. Good luck. Call me if you need to talk!

Jana Sohm said...

You have such a good attitude! Thanks for being a great example! I know what you mean about trials, and not knowing why they happen. I can't wait until we will understand EVERYTHING. Hang in there! I love all of your pictures! Your family is gorgeous!!

THE HANSEN'S said...

Ahh! sweet. I remember football season. One of pete's football coaches used to always say to us wives "How's my favorite widows?" Because that's what football does for 4-5 intense months you are a widow, And yet it is sooo much fun to watch those games and see the success of those you love. Hang in there only 2 more months!