Monday, September 7, 2009

Sweet September Birthday

My beautiful and sweet Makayla turned another year older. I really can't believe that it is September already. It honestly feels like we just barely celebrated September birthdays and here we are again!

Makayla turned 11 years old on Sunday and had a great day. She got everything she wanted which included, "Littlest Pet Shops", "Webkinz", clothes from her favorite stores, earrings, an mp3 player and a new
canopy for her bed.

Since her birthday fell on a Sunday we enjoyed lunch yesterday at Red Lobster. Endless shrimp baby!

Makayla is my sweet little daughter. From the moment they placed her into my arms I could just feel her sweet spirit. Now, every newborn has a sweet spirit but
some just "radiate" that spirit and contentment and it lasts their whole life long. She is always smiling, wanting to make you happy and has many, many friends. When she was little she had the cutest speech! You couldn't understand her most of the time and she ended up having to go to speech therapy, which I was kind of sad about correcting. We love her SO much and I am so glad she came to me...instead of her Aunt (no offense Shareen!)...it is such a privilege and honor to be her mother!

Here is a little tribute to my little Kayla Sue...how I wish I could keep you little forever!




The reason I say I'm glad Makayla came to me instead of her Aunt is because she also shares a birthday with her Aunt Shareen and they are SO alike in many ways. We always joke that Makayla was born into the wrong family. I ran into somebody at the school who knew Shareen but had no idea we were related. When she saw that Makayla was my daughter she asked me what my last name was and if there was any relation to Shareen, then she said she knew Shareen and when she saw Makayla she thought she HAD to be Shareen's daughter b/c she looked so much like her, but then she couldn't remember if Shareen had one that young..haha.

So anyway, Happy Birthday to Shareen and other September birthdays...

Jessica Fullmer


Kehlden Doyle


My beautiful mom, Tessie who would have been 58 this month.


Lindsay Neff


and Beau Ballard!

I hope you all have a wonderful September birthday!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Yikes, that picture of me is pretty frightening! But thank you for the birthday wish! September is FULL of them I swear! I have 10 in my family alone - plus all those you just posted! Wow! Happy Birthday to all! And sweet Makalya, honestly what an angel - I hope she had a great birthday!

Shareen said...

I loved the slide show. I just love that little girl!!!!

Jeanne said...

I always love seeing her baby pictures with all of that long hair. She is turning into a lovely young lady now though. You really can see her sweet coming through. I hope she never looses it. Happy Birthday!