Friday, October 9, 2009

Fall is HERE!

Ah, you can feel it in the weather and see it in the trees...FALL is HERE!

Welcome {OCTOBER}

my favorite month of the year!

Why?
Well, because that means it's time for ghouls and goblins, candy and treats, haunted houses and scary movies....

SPOOOOKY!

I {heart} Halloween!!!

And speaking of "spooky", I turned the big 35!
(Well, okay...it's BIG to me!)

I have thought a lot about being 35 this year...it was the age my mom was when she died. As a kid she seemed "old". Well, I knew it was too young for someone to die but still in my mind she was old.

Now that I am here I actually realize how young she really was. I have thought about leaving my family and what it would be like for her. I honestly know that as hard as it was for us to lose her, it had to be heartbreaking for her to know that she was leaving us...her children. Watching the scene of our lives play out before her and not being able to be there physically to comfort us, celebrate with us and cry with us.

Anyway, I am grateful for my life and for all that I have accomplished in 35 years...namely my five kids! It was a great day and I am truly blessed! Chet was good to me and spoiled me rotten as always...I LOVE HIM!

So, as is the tradition, here are pics of the birthday people including MOI! And you get a special treat b/c you get to see me as a wee little baby =)

newborn...


Five months old...
I am loving the horseshoe I've got going on!

Also Happy Birthday to the coolest people in the world... (b/c they are October birthdays)

Carson Jepson
Jade Fullmer

And to many friends and family who are also October babies!

October Rocks!!!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Yay! Happy Birthday again! I hope you had a great day! Such a cute post! I love the baby pictures, you were SO darling! And you still are! Happy Birthday!

Evie B. said...

Happy Birthday!

Jeanne said...

I am glad you had a nice birthday! I wish you had a picture of your puffy slip you used to wear on your tricycle.
Love the Halloween picture!!!

Lindsay said...

Hey! I actually took those pictures in my cousin's basement! We just threw together some props and used some lamps! She is such a cutie, so it was an easy photo shoot! So fun though! Thanks!