Tuesday, February 16, 2010

He Rocks!

On Saturday, February 13th my first little dude turned 9 years old! I can't believe how fast time has gone by...I swear we just baptized Talon yesterday and here we are another year later.

We started off the day bright and early with his breakfast choice of hear-shaped chocolate chip pancakes. Then he had to get ready for his basketball game. For the last two weeks he has been saying how he really wants to win their game on his birthday. Well, it was the last game of the season and his birthday wish came true..they won their game 18-6! He was pretty excited about the trophy he got afterward.

Then it was home for presents! The only thing he asked for was this Nerf gun that was not even out yet. All it said in the brochure he saw it in was, "release date of February 2010". So, I was online everyday for the last two weeks trying to find this gun that is not even in stores yet. I finally found it on the 9th which meant I had to pay up the nose for expedited shipping...but oh well! That was all he wanted anyway.

However, Mom and Dad had a little something else in mind for him. We gave him some guitar lessons, a guitar bag, pics, a strap...telling him the whole time that they were for his little, dinky acoustic guitar that he got a couple of years ago. When really, this is what they came with!

An electric guitar! (seriously??!!)

Talon's excitement was unimaginable. He immediately ran to Chet and hugged the life out of him...even wrapping a leg around him! I started to tear up and when Talon ran to hug me I noticed that he was blinking back tears...so of course, I lost it and my emotions got the better of me! I love seeing my kids so happy.



Dad trying to teach him a thing or two!

Then it was off to Grandma Viv's for some birthday lunch and birthday cake!

(I wish I could take credit for this cute cake, but that is not what Talon wanted from me so mine is just plain jane!)

We celebrated all three birthdays, Talon, my dad, and Cash's as well.



Talon is not the only one that got a new toy that day. Dad got himself a new guitar and amp as well! (This now makes 5 guitars and 3 amps for Chet that are all sitting in my family room downstairs!)

Here are my two little rocker's showing off their new guitars...and devil horns! Oh MY!

For his birthday dinner he wanted,....A hot dog! Of all the things he could have had the kid wanted a hot dog! It wouldn't be my first choice of birthday dinners but it's easy enough so, DONE!!! A hot dog it is!

Then it was the family party later that night and he got lots of fun things that he wanted! Thanks again to an awesome family! :)


Happy Birthday to my little dude...YOU ROCK!!! (literally!)

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

What an awesome birthday! And you know, I always have seen your family in Talon, but I can see a little Chet in that smile I think, or maybe it was just the guitars? :)
Hey- was the chair he was sitting at at Viv's your family's old dining room set? It just looked so familiar, but I don't know if I really remember what they look like.

Lindsay said...

Oh how awesome! I almost got teary reading about how happy he was about his guitar! Happy Birthday Talon!!!

Jana Sohm said...

What a cute kid!! I love seeing when something just makes their day!