Last night we had the Cub Scout Blue and Gold Banquet. Since I am a first time mom of a scout, I have absolutely no idea what to expect or what I'm supposed to be doing with the whole scouting bit. I hate to admit that some days I often forget that he has scouts all together....that dang mommy brain!
Honestly, scouting is not my thing and even though Chet is an Eagle Scout, it's not really his favorite thing either. However, Talon has LOVED it and for that I am glad! (We'll see how much he loves it when he's doing those Klondike Derby's and camping out in the freezing cold!)
He's worked really hard and earned his Wolf rank. They advanced him the night of the Blue and Gold Banquet and he is so excited to join the ranks as a Bear. (Hunter is probably even more excited about it than Talon is...I think it's the whole "animal" thing.)
We are so proud of him and hope he continues to work hard and most importantly to enjoy it!
Cash's first visit to the zoo and as you can see he was quite impressed....NOT! (not that I expected him to be)


The kids had lots of fun and I don't think the cold fazed them a bit! Can't wait for the spring when it will be a little bit more enjoyable for this mommy! Still, it was nice to get out of the house for a bit. Thanks for the invite Cami! :)







3 comments:
Looks like you all had fun! Next time you should call us - we would have loved to go!
I LOVE the baby giraffe! What a great shot! Giraffes are so beautiful- I love their long eyelashes and gentleness.
Gotta love scouts!
Post a Comment