Going to the Asian Market has proven to be quite a comical adventure with two little boys! If you have ever been inside an Asian Market then you will understand when I say they have a very "distinct smell".
I had to go to the market the other day to get a few Filipino items and Talon and Hunter wanted to come along. When entering the store, Hunter didn't hold back and said, "Oh, what is that SMELL...it stinks in here!" I got a few looks from a few of the customers but I just kept moving on.
They also had oriental music playing overhead. When we were in line checking out Hunter is in laughter and says, very loudly, "That girl sings funny, she doesn't know how to sing! Listen mom...LISTEN she sounds funny!" Well, that would be because she wasn't singing in English! Talon is also laughing very hard under his breath at this point. I am trying to "Shhhhh" them because again, I am getting more stares.
But wait, that's not the best part!
One of the items I needed was on the same aisle as the frozen meats. In the freezer was a big bag of squid tentacles. The boys immediately noticed these rather large, creepy and unappetizing "things". The conversation goes as follows...
Talon~ "Oh LOOK at that SQUID!!!"
Hunter~ "EEWWW, that's SICK!"
Talon~ "I know, it looks so GROSS!"
Hunter~ "Why would people put that in the freezer?"
Talon~ (matter of factly) "Because Hunter! Some people like to eat their TESTICLES!"
Me~ (in a lot of laughter) "I think you mean TENTACLES bud!"
I hurried and escaped to the next aisle leaving the other customers in close range chuckling. (at least I didn't get stares that time!)
NOTE TO SELF: Next time I go to the Asian market, leave TWO little boys at HOME!!!
Thursday, February 11, 2010
A Cultural Field Trip
Posted by Kim and Chet at 8:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
It's an honest mistake.
You have the best stories on these two.
Oh that is too funny! Thanks for your sweet comment, you're wonderful!
Thanks for the laugh! That is too funny. I LOVE hearing what little kids come up with. Someone needs to write a book.
Post a Comment