Monday, January 14, 2008

Ma and Pa Fullmer?

Last week we got a phone call from the ward secretary asking us to meet with the "Bishopric". Chet has just been released from his calling in the Primary so we were debating on what it could be. He mentioned that it was the "Bishopric" and not just the "Bishop" so that threw us for a loop. Later that day Chet came up with what he thought it was and he was right. As we met with the Bishopric yesterday they extended a calling to both of us...

"Ma and Pa" for our ward trek coming up this July. Yep! When Chet mentioned that he thought that is what it might be I seriously stressed about it. It's a huge responsibility and I was so worried. As I thought about it more yesterday I really felt like it might be a really neat experience to do together. It's much better than going by myself and another bonus is the Ma's and Pa's don't pull the wagon!!! (At least they didn't on the previous trek) I wasn't sure what I'd do with my kids but Shellie sure didn't hesitate to offer watching them...thanks Shellie! I guess I need to start making some phone calls to other Ma's from the previous trek and start getting some ideas on what I need to do. So, what do you think? Do we look like we could pass as the next Ma and Pa Ingalls?

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

That is great! How did you do that? Guess you better brush up on your camp songs! "Now do you feel like a pioneer?" "Yup, yup!"

Cami Jo said...

Your picture is awsome! Congrats! That sounds exciting! I heard the story about Talon in Primary. (the rated R movie comment.) James and I laughed pretty hard!

Anonymous said...

Well you look the part, especially pa Ingalls. Good luck with that, it'll be an awesome experience you will never forget. It will also be fun being there with Kylee.