What a bittersweet time this is for all of us right now. Last night Kylee and I enjoyed a great fireside by John Bytheway when after the closing prayer our Stake President stood up and told us about the passing of our dear, sweet Prophet, President Gordon B. Hinckley. It was somewhat a shock at first. I knew this day would come but still he seemed invincible in some way. Regardless of his declining health he still kept going. What a great example he was to all of us. A man with great wisdom, humility, love and humor. He was a Prophet in which I felt I had a great connection with and I love him with all my heart and feel as if I knew him personally. He almost seemed like my very own grandpa. We are all so sad that we will not hear him speak to us or see him smiling and waving his cane to all. As Talon blessed the breakfast food this morning he "blessed President Hinckley that he will be happy up in heaven with his wife." So sweet! Can you imagine the reunion he had. Oh to be able to witness that. Not only with his wife but with the Savior and previous prophets. For that we are so happy for him but will miss him greatly. How thankful I am to have lived during his leadership. I'm grateful to have been old enough to understand and remember him. We love you President Hinckley and thank you for your life, example, service and love!
Monday, January 28, 2008
We Thank Thee, O God for a Prophet...
Posted by Kim and Chet at 12:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Beautifly written Kim; it brought tears to my eyes (again) and I loved the pictures you used- very sweet and appropriate, especially ending with that last one. (I think I saved the same ones on my computer)
It was nice talking to you about it today. Last night Randal and I felt like we needed to call people, like we had lost a ward member or a family member but only Ivy called someone who didn't know yet and they were grateful she did. Talk to you later, Bug
Post a Comment