What a fun morning it has been. We had our ultrasound this morning and it is always so fun to see the baby that is growing inside you. I am always amazed at the technology allowing you to see so many details from the body all the way down to each chamber of the heart.
Every thing looks good and it has such a cute little profile. Everything still looks on schedule and the little thing was moving around like crazy. We stuck to our guns and still did not find out what we are having. The technician warned us when she was in the area and I was good and turned my head. We are getting lots of guesses as to what we are having. I keep referring to it as "he" (don't know why because I really don't have any strong feelings either way) and dad thinks the profile looks like a boy. Chet doesn't really have any strong feeling either...so, we will have to see in about 4 months who is right.

(isn't it cute?)

I hope everybody can see it clearly and tell what they are looking at. After seeing four others it's pretty easy for me to tell what I'm seeing but I know it's harder for some. Just thought I'd share our baby's first picture with all of you. We are SO excited!!!I am 19 weeks and 4 days and here is what is happening with our baby so far...
Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.




8 comments:
congrats! You look great and I love the halloween costumes:)
Oh how cute! I love the little foot! classics on the others!
That is so cute! I love ultrasound photos. My prediction is a girl that looks like Makayla. I thought I saw chubby little cheeks there:) So fun!
Oh wow. Cool ultrasound pics. I absolutely LoVe foot or hand prints :) I'm glad you got a good one. Congrats again!!
Very cute baby, I'll bet it's even cuter when it gets here.
Cute pumpkin Makayla, and you too Kim.
SOOOO Fun! Love the pics!
I'm still dying to find out if this is a boy or girl!! so cute! I love the little foot too!
That is a very cute picture of a foot!!
*lauren*
Post a Comment