Saturday, October 25, 2008

Spooky Stuff!

Tonight we had our Halloween party on my mom's side of the family. It was so much fun and the kids had a blast! They had great food, contests and a pinata ! I was trying to figure out what to bring that was in the spirit of the holiday and I finally decided on "mummy dogs". I wasn't sure that they would really get eaten (b/c I'm not a big hot dog fan myself) but they actually went really quick!

I was also trying to figure out what I could do for a costume where Chet and I could be "matching" yet I could make it work for my expanding belly. I got searching for pregnant costumes on the internet and found one that was too funny and that I liked. However, I didn't want to spend $50 on a costume that I would wear once. Then I remembered that Evonne did a homemade version of that costume so I checked with her and she gave me some tips. This is what I came up with for Chet and I...

Behold the "bun in the oven and the bun maker!" I taped the bun to my belly, but it's hard to tell in the pic.
Not everybody knew I was pregnant yet so it was kind of a fun way to tell everyone too! I actually won a $30 gift card to Ruby Tuesdays for the "most creative" costume! Let's go to dinner!!! And NO I'm not cooking...haha! (sorry couldn't resist)

Chet looks really "unhappy" in this pic and it's because...well, he was! We just got home from his football game against Brighton (at Brighton) where they lost such a close game to the refs...yes, the refs decided the outcome of this game instead of the kids. I am not a poor sport by any means but really, Chet's team got screwed and that's all there was to it. It was terrible, the flags they threw on us...like on the coaches for taking one or two steps out of the sideline to call in a play. Oh well, that's a whole different post! They made playoffs and will hopefully have a rematch with these guys with better refs and a better outcome!

Okay, now this is where things get a little spooky...and I mean SPOOOOOKY!!! Here are the kids in their desired costumes this year. I took these two pictures back to back. Tell me...look closely at the first and then look at the second. Keep in mind I took one right after the other!


Are you seeing those orbs in the top of the picture? According to "paranormal experts" orbs in pictures that appear like that, especially in only one or two frames in a sequence of pictures, are considered to be "spirits" or "ghosts" that are captured on film. Hmmm...do I buy it? Yes and no. In our case.... I guess we'll never know. At least not yet!

This is just a close up pic of the oven costume. (5pts to whoever can find my goof, not counting the crooked handle and crooked clock!)

6 comments:

Jeanne said...

I found it!!! On the knobs for the burners, there are two directional light things for one burner. I win!! That's 5 points!

*lauren*

Jeanne said...

Kim, you are so good! Way to go! Your costumes rock, and you have such cute little ghouls and bones--- I mean, girls and boys!

Emily Walker said...

Fun costumes. I'm glad you and your hubby dress up. How cute.

Shareen said...

Those costumes were great! Kylee looks pretty creepy. haha.

Evie B. said...

The hot dog mummy's (so cute!) and the costume turned out great! Good job!

Tiffinee said...

O.K. I'm going back through your older posts. That is the cutest most creative costume I've ever seen. It ALMOST makes me want o get pregnant again, so we can dress up as that!! Well, not really....but almost!