Friday, February 13, 2009

It's Great to be 8!

I can't believe my little guy is 8 years old today! It seems like yesterday that I was just holding him in my arms for the first time. Our first little boy! Yet, here we are with another birthday and another baptism to plan. Where does the time go? I remember baptizing Kylee like it was yesterday and to think that we are now baptizing our 3rd child is CRAZY!!! If I could only have one superpower I think it would be to freeze time.

He had such a great day. We let them choose what they want to eat for each meal and he wanted heart shaped "eggs in a basket" for breakfast (on his special birthday plate of course), then I took him to Winger's for his special birthday lunch and then it was heart shaped pepperoni pizza for dinner.

He opened his presents after Chet and I got home from my Dr's appt. He has been wanting a Nintendo DS for over a year now and I think we convinced him that he may not get one. Well, he did along with the Batman Lego game and some clothes. He was so excited when he saw it. He just kept hugging it to his chest and then he ran over to Chet thanking him like crazy. It nearly brought tears to my eyes. It made a gift like that worth every penny!

He had his family party and blew out candles on his "dirt, worm" cake that he wanted. He is just too cute and I'm so glad that he is a part of our family. I could not imagine what our family would be like without him. I thank Heavenly Father every day for letting me be his mommy!


So excited for his DS!


I also wanted to wish a Happy February birthday to...

Mom, who is a Valentine baby!

To my dad who turned 60 today also. And to my little bro, Ryan on the 28th...which is also my due date~

Speaking of "due date" I will be 38 weeks tomorrow, which means 2 WEEKS left! I had my Dr. appt today and was so happy to hear that I have made some progress. The last two weeks nothing had really happened, I was barely dilated to a 1 and not effaced at all. Today I am now dilated to a 1 1/2 and 60% effaced. I feel so relieved to have done something! It's still not quite what I usually am at this time (with my other pregnancies) but I'll take it. I think this baby is going to hold out until close to the end...only b/c it's the last one so it's going to be stubborn :)

4 comments:

Cami Jo said...

Happy Birthday Tal! Glad you had a good day,and got what you wanted!

2 weeks left!!! Good luck. I'm sure it will happen soon. Hope everything goes well!

Candace said...

Hey Kim, just got all caught up on your blog. You've had a crazy month and it's only 1/2 over! Your family is so adorable. Pretty soon it'll be 7 of you!! I'm so excited for you. How fun to have a baby in the house! My baby is almost 7. Hard to believe.

Jeanne said...

Oh my! Kim, I think of you whenever people talk about babies growing up. You love it more than anyone and how special it will be to add another to an already wonderful family full of amazing kids. Happy Birthday Talon (late) and I hope your baptism is very memorable!
Good luck girlie!!!! I got so excited when I read the number 38!!!!

Tiffinee said...

Cute post Kim. TWO WEEKS!! I can't wait to see you post pics of the new baby! Good luck!1