Announcing the newest member of our family...
Cash Don Fullmer
February 19, 2009
6 lbs. 2 oz.
20 in
February 19, 2009
6 lbs. 2 oz.
20 in
I was unable to finish our "history" on my last post for obvious reasons so I apologize if it ended abruptly.
About 11:30 pm on Wed. night my water broke. Chet and I were just dozing off when it happened and I got out of bed and woke Chet up. I told him we were going to have an anniversary baby! From then it was pick up and go. He made it to the new IMC hospital in about 11 minutes. My contractions had not really kicked in yet so they put me on some Pit. Everything went so smooth and quick and at 5:00 am on the dot our 5th baby and third little boy was born. I can't think of a better anniversary present than this beautiful baby boy. It will make our plans on our Anniversary for the next 18 years change a bit but that's ok! I had the strongest feeling for a couple of weeks that we were going to have an Anniversary baby so I really wasn't surprised when it happened.
It all seemed so surreal to me. I was in a weird state of shock at it all. I think because he was boy (I was kind of expecting a girl in a way) and because it was the whole idea of "he's here, I'm not pregnant anymore and we're all done". It has been a bit emotional in a way thinking that it was the last time for all of that. For the whole experience and miracle of birth. Even though I know I am done I am sad that that won't happen again. It is such an amazing experience and I can't help but be sad that it won't be experienced again.
Kylee wanted to be there with us and we felt it would be kind of a neat experience to have here there. She was right there bedside when he was born. She stayed up by my head for most of it but when he crowned she wanted to watch the rest and she did! She said it was a great experience and teared up and thanked me for letting her be there. I'm glad that she was able to be there and share this last experience of having a baby with us.
We had a hard time picking out his middle name and went back and forth between Gene and Don after Chet's uncles. We had always talked about Gene but then towards the end Chet mentioned that he was actually quite closer to his Uncle Don. So, I told him it was his call and it was a very hard decision to make but in the end he just felt a lot better about naming him after Don.
He is such a sweet little guy. He has been quite sleepy so nursing that first day was quite hard. I am hoping that everything will work out and he will pick it up and do fine. Knowing that he is the last makes me really want to enjoy and take advantage of all these things. We came home today and the kids have been so excited and loving every minute of it. Not to mention Dad is quite happy to not have to leave us I'm sure.
It all seemed so surreal to me. I was in a weird state of shock at it all. I think because he was boy (I was kind of expecting a girl in a way) and because it was the whole idea of "he's here, I'm not pregnant anymore and we're all done". It has been a bit emotional in a way thinking that it was the last time for all of that. For the whole experience and miracle of birth. Even though I know I am done I am sad that that won't happen again. It is such an amazing experience and I can't help but be sad that it won't be experienced again.
Kylee wanted to be there with us and we felt it would be kind of a neat experience to have here there. She was right there bedside when he was born. She stayed up by my head for most of it but when he crowned she wanted to watch the rest and she did! She said it was a great experience and teared up and thanked me for letting her be there. I'm glad that she was able to be there and share this last experience of having a baby with us.
We had a hard time picking out his middle name and went back and forth between Gene and Don after Chet's uncles. We had always talked about Gene but then towards the end Chet mentioned that he was actually quite closer to his Uncle Don. So, I told him it was his call and it was a very hard decision to make but in the end he just felt a lot better about naming him after Don.
He is such a sweet little guy. He has been quite sleepy so nursing that first day was quite hard. I am hoping that everything will work out and he will pick it up and do fine. Knowing that he is the last makes me really want to enjoy and take advantage of all these things. We came home today and the kids have been so excited and loving every minute of it. Not to mention Dad is quite happy to not have to leave us I'm sure.
Teeny Tiny hands!

Getting ready to leave the hospital. Had to get a pic of how tiny he is in his car seat.




14 comments:
He's adorable! Can't wait to give him some snuggles of my own soon! Congratulations!
P.S. Love that name. That's what Layne would have been if I'd gotten my way. :)
Congrats... he's a cutie! Enjoy all of it... you'll have lots of helpers with him!
Yay!! Congrats! He's adorable. I'm glad everything went well!!
Congratulations Kim! What a wonderful addition to your cute family. I am so happy for you. He is sure adorable. Can't wait to meet the little guy! Remember... if you ever need a sitter I am the one to call upon Ü.
Claudia
Congratulations! He is absolutly ADORABLE.
Everyone's saying adorable, so I'm going to say something else...maybe precious? Or maybe...ummm...charming? I looked up adorable on the Thesaurus. haha! but he's quite delightful! another synonym!
Congrats and what a great Anniversary surprise. I think he is adorable. I hope you are feeling well. Can't wait to see more pictures of the kiddo's.
He's just so sweet! I'm so happy for you and the family. He is the perfect little caboose! Call me if you need ANYTHING!!!!
HJe is so cute! I need to come see! I got SO busy this week Ill call ya! & love the name! I think it is a great fit for him! I bet uncle don will be very honered!
p.s. I did get a new camera! My Canon broke and I was able to return it to Circuit City and get my Nikon for $25 more than what I paid (since their stuff was all on clearance). I love it! Let me know when you're ready and we'll have a baby photoshoot.
Oh he is absolutely adorable! What a handsome little man! Thanks for letting us stop by - he was so fun to hold! He's so tiny! I hope everyone is adjusting okay - good luck with everything and call me if you need anything! Love the pictures!
You are making me tear up too. He is absolutely beautiful and what a great addition he makes for the final baby.
Congratulations!! I am so excited for you and your family. These pictures are so sweet. You are right about wanting to remember all the little things. They grow up way too quick. Enjoy your little baby. He is a doll!!
Congratulations!! He is adorable!! Crazy as this sounds it really makes me baby hungry....hold that thought! I LOVE the name!
Post a Comment