Saturday, February 7, 2009

We Survived!


*Whew*...Talon's birthday party came and is done! I hate to say "glad that's out of the way" but honestly, I am REALLY glad that it is!

We really didn't have much of a choice of when to do it. It would have been too crazy to do it ON his birthday (which is Friday the 13th) and I really didn't want to do it on the 14th because it's Valentine's Day and I wasn't about to go any later than that because who knows when this baby will decide to come. We let him decide where he wanted it and I was ALL for letting someone else handle everything for me...entertainment, food, goody bag...

He chose Chucky's and I was totally fine with that. It was chaos, as birthday parties often are, but he had fun and that's what matters! That place was a MAD HOUSE though! It was packed solid and there was a huge wait at the door. So just FYI...don't go on a Saturday folks!



The crazy crew!

Chet swore if that rat got near him he'd rip his ears off...well, he tried to get a punch in anyway.
In all honesty it was totally worth EVERY penny having it there and everything taken care of. No mess to clean up, they provide food, entertainment...it was a VERY pregnant mom's birthday party wish come true! Not to mention I have such an awesome hubby who took care of a lot of the kid's needs and ticket cashing. How did I ever get so lucky?

3 comments:

Sonda said...

The boys had soooo much fun and have been talking about it all day. Davis was just DYING to stay for Hunter's party, though. I had to explain multiple times that Hunter's birthday is close to his birthday and they would have a party together. *sigh*

Happy Birthday Talon!

Shanna said...

Braeden had so much fun thx! I totally agree so nice w- out the clean up & entertaining of the kids!

Jeanne said...

Don't they say "where a kid can be a kid"? Chet probably felt right at home there, just like Randal did when he took our kids. I have no patience for that stuff, so I am glad he does. The one time I was going to go was on a Sat. and it was too full- I lucked out that day! It was fun in high school though!