Saturday, November 14, 2009

Bittersweet...

State Champs 2009
The photo says it all!!!

This was Chet's first year coaching an A team and he did such a great job. I am so proud of him. They played Jordan, who was undefeated and who's team consisted mostly of Sophomores, and we pulled off a tight win in 3rd overtime 26-18!! It's endings like this that make 3 1/2 months of being a football widow worth it! Yes, it is bittersweet because although I love the thought of having him home more as well as winning the championship, I am sad to see the season end.

It has been SO much fun getting to know these boys and watching them play and work hard to achieve their ultimate goal! They are great kids and I am so proud of them for sticking it out in the cold, snowy weather and giving it all they had. Thanks to all who braved the weather to support Chet and his team today...we are so proud to be Bingham Miners today!

CONGRATS to the COACHES and PLAYERS!!!
STATE CHAMPS BABY!!!


2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Congrats, that's awesome! Go Chet! (And Kim for the widow part too!)

Cami Jo said...

That is so awesome! Tell Uncle Chet congrats. How is he feeling by the way?