Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Happenings...

Okay, so I said I would update more and so here it is...

Chet~ He has been SO busy with work, football and boxing. He had the Pig Flu about 2 weeks ago and is feeling better but had that crappy cough FOREVER! As stated below, his team he coaches won their State Championship game against Jordan giving Chet 4 championships in the last 5 years and five total since he has been coaching. He is such a great coach and I the way he teaches his players more than just how to play football, but good life lessons.

Kim~ I have been busy trying to balance life as a, what feels like, "single mom" most of the time. It has been a long road these last few months but I think I am reaching the light at the end of the tunnel. I have much to be grateful for. I am loving my little "escapes" and "dates" with my Nikon...I have really loved learning more and since taking pictures of Chet's games feel my love for Sports Photography trumping other types of photography thus far. I love snapping away and then pulling the pics up on my computer and finding the most amazing action shots...LOVE IT, it's like Christmas!

Kylee~ She is doing so well in school, tumbling and piano. She got a 3.78 GPA this last quarter and got raving reviews from her teachers at PTC. She also earned another Gold Cup for her Concerto's. It takes at least four years to earn a cup and there are four different categories. Now she has one in each category. She is also doing well in tumbling. She has all of her tucks and is now working on fulls and layouts. Tumbling is by far her favorite activity and is looking forward to trying out for Cheer at BHS in another year.

Makayla~ Is also doing excellent in school. She got straight 4's which is equivalent to straight A's. Our elementary schools are on a number grading system instead of letters. She is taking dance at C&C Ballet and is loving that. She has been sick, got better, got sick again. Poor little bum! She is such a great little babysitter too! She is quite the little mother.

Talon~ Also got AWESOME grades...only one 3 and the rest were 4's. We received a letter from the School District saying that because of his high test scores they recommended testing him for the ALPS program. (Accelerated Learning Program) We have decided against it...for one he would have to be on a different track and we just feel that he needs to be a kid and have time for other things instead of doing homework ALL the time. He also got sick during the off track time but got better faster than the others. He enjoys scouts and is now signed up for basketball.

Hunter~ Is loving Kindergarten and is doing so well. He is reading well, altho I think he could do better but he learns so much differently than the other kids. He got really sick while off track, most likely with the pig flu also. The Dr. didn't want to test him b/c they said he showed all the symptoms but were only testing if he had a chronic illness. There was really nothing else they could have done anyway so I had to just treat it like the flu and let him ride it out. Poor guy was sick for at least a week.

Cash~ I just updated on him so I will let you scroll down a couple of posts and read below if you haven't already. He was really sick for a week too and is finally eating better again. I CANNOT say it enough...we just LOVE our little man!

So, there you have it. Sorry if it was a "mommy brag" post, but I think we all have the right to be proud of our kids' accomplishments right? Here's to hoping the "sick bugs" have moved on from our house now!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

What a fun update! Glad everyone is doing well! I hope everyone is over their sicknesses too - yuck.

Jeanne said...

It's your blog- you have a right to brag :) Oh, I think I might have to try that face mask... hearing something lasts a long time always makes me more inclined to purchase it. You looked so cute by the way!