Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Four OH

This was the big birthday year for Chet...

yup, he hit the big FOUR OH!!!

It sounds old, but when you're there you realize it really isn't...or so we like to tell ourselves, right?

We have to make ourselves feel better one way or another, but really... it's not that old. I don't view him as being old. Sure, when my parents hit 40 I thought it was old, but honestly...40 is NOT old and I will keep telling myself that...mostly b/c I am almost there. :)

I had been planning a big surprise party for him for almost a month. I had it all worked out with family and friends. Told him I was having "a girl's day" with Kylee and Makayla so I had a reason to get out of the house all day to decorate the church.

It was set for March 19th, a whole week before his birthday, so I think that helped throw him off a bit. The hard part was going to be getting him to the church, especially since it was March Madness weekend and to top it off, BYU was playing at the exact time the party was. (I couldn't know when planning that they would even make it to the next round let alone what time they would be playing!) So, I sought out the help of my Bishop. He was so great and willing to help.

Chet is the Ward Clerk and I had asked the Bishop to call him and ask him if he could meet with him at the church. It worked and Chet went over without a fight.



He didn't have a clue and when everyone shouted "surprise" he nearly had a heart attack!



Thank you to all of our great family and friends who came and shared this big birthday with him!


It was a fun night with lots of great Filipino food thanks to my wonderful stepmom! We also had lots of yummy desserts including a chocolate fountain...you can't go wrong with one of those.



For his actual birthday which was on the 25th, we decided to make it a "late anniversary, Happy 40th Birthday" getaway and headed out of town for the weekend. We had a wonderful time away together.

Happy 40th Birthday to my wonderful hubby, who still looks as good as he did the day I married him!!!

1 comments:

Lindsay said...

So fun! And yeah, the Filipino food was AMAZING! Yum! Hope you guys had a nice getaway!