Sunday, April 6, 2008

Conference Sunday

It's that great time of year when millions of people tune in to watch and listen to the great leaders of our church speak to us. This was also a very special conference weekend because we got to sustain a new prophet. Thanks to our wonderful friends, Dave and Sonda, we had 3rd row seats to the Sunday afternoon session. (Dave is a direct nephew of Pres. Monson so they have "connections" *wink, wink*) It was amazing to see the hoards of people walking downtown to the conference center. There was hardly any room to walk on the sidewalks because they were so packed. The entire session was wonderful. I enjoyed all the talks especially Elder Ballard's! I needed to hear a lot of the things that were said but it was nice to hear from a General Authority that mother's should be appreciated! It was also awesome to be there to see our new Prophet talk to us for his first conference as President of the church. What a great man he is and I look forward to hearing more from him in the conferences to come. It was such a great experience to be there...THANKS again Sonda and Dave!!!

1 comments:

Sonda said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's a lot of effort to go downtown, but I love the feeling of being in the Conference Center to listen to our leaders.