Thursday, April 10, 2008

I'm four now?!

Our littlest guy turned 4 yesterday! He has been so excited to be "bigger". We kept telling him it was much funner to be little but he didn't see it that way. Hunter is usually such a good sleeper but he woke up at 7am on the dot and started calling me. The minute I opened the door and walked into his room the first thing he said was, "I'm four now?" . Then he ran out into the kitchen to look at the wall where I put up the "Happy Birthday" banner and use crepe paper to but the number of the age they are now. He was so happy and would not stop smiling and skipping through the house all day! After I got the kids off to school I took him to IHOP for some Horton "Who cakes". He also got a beezleberry splash! A cute drink which consists of sprite and squares of blue and red jello...(I wasn't sure if it would be good but he sure liked it). Surprisingly he ate half of those pancakes!


We also went to lunch at McD's with his bestest buddy, Davis and the rest of the Martin gang. When the kids started getting ornery we decided it was time for naps. After Chet got home we opened presents and he got a lot of fun things. His main present was more for the other kids I think...they were just as excited about it. He got his very own Gameboy so now he doesn't have to use the other kids'. They were all so good about sharing with him but I know they got very tired of him wearing out their batteries!




Hunter also wanted a Darth Vader cake and as I looked online for ideas I decided they all looked way too creative for me to try and duplicate. So, I took the easy route and was very UN-creative but Hunter was very happy with it. He had his party that night with family and had such a fun day. I'm so sad that my little guy is growing up but I know it has to happen. I'm so glad he had a fun day. Thanks to everyone for coming and for the fun gifts. He has had so much fun playing with all of them...he's been dying to try out his new skateboard...thanks Aunt Shellie...so since it's a nicer day out I think we'll do that!


2 comments:

Sonda said...

The cake looks great! I'm glad he had a good day. We had fun going to lunch with the Birthday Boy (and you too!)

Jeanne said...

Well, I know you said you took the easy way out but it is still awesome! I am so impressed with your cake decorating skills! Great flames and I can't believe those pancakes! Guess he has a man size appetite now he is older!!! Who would have thought it a few years ago, eh?