Monday, June 2, 2008

A Green Thumb...??

I am not the best at keeping anything "green" alive. For some reason my flowers and plants don't like to live. I have had some successful years of gardening but I have had years of a lot of wasted money on flowers too. It doesn't help that my cats like to use my flower beds as their own personal litter box either. This year I did my planting and put down a barky mulch hoping that maybe it will keep the cats off.

I also decided to take a chance and plant some rose bushes as well. I love roses and continually eye them in other people's gardens. They were a bit pricey so I am stressing that they will die on me! I am praying that they will have pity on me and continue to grow and thrive. They are beautiful and make a very colorful addition to my flower garden. I just had to take pictures of them as well as my other flowers as proof to myself that my flower beds were beautiful at one time! haha (just in case they're not in a few weeks!) Cross your fingers for me :)

4 comments:

Audrey said...

beautiful flowers! I've never had any luck with rose bushes.. yours look amazing! Good job!

Jeanne said...

They are lovely Kim, good luck!

Cami Jo said...

Looks beautiful! Hey- just feel blessed that you actually have a place where you CAN plant flowers if you want to!

THE HANSEN'S said...

Looks great! Way too go! Sorry I havent written you in a while. Looks like a lot has been going on for your family. Cody and his new family look so cute! So glad everything is going well.