Yip, yip! We got our trekkers off this morning about 8:00 am. They all met at the chapel in their pioneer gear and headed out. Kylee was so excited to go and I hope that she has a great experience. All of the Ma's and Pa's that were called are great couples and will do a fabulous job I'm sure. Kylee had a hard time deciding who to dedicate her trek to so she's trekking for two people. She is trekking for one of her Pioneer ancestors who was actually in the Martin-Willie handcart company, Jane Eleanor Fullmer, and for my mom who's family was one of the first to be baptized into the church in the Philippines. (the fact that she's doing the latter makes me emotional) I am praying that she has some great spiritual experiences and will be able to feel the spirit of those she is trekking for...especially her grandma!
Geri Goffin showed up in a hat that was GREAT! She's going to have fun with whatever she does...even if it's trekking! haha
The morning was just the beginning of a fun, busy day. We met up with the Martin clan...minus our trekkers... and headed to the Children's Museum downtown. The kids were so excited to get to ride the "choo, choo" train on the way! (can you tell?)




3 comments:
Kyle's face tells it all. What a riot. I hope they have a great time, and it sounds like you are having one while Kylee is gone. Fun stuff :)
Kylee and Kyle look great! Looks like you guys had fun today. My Dad took the kids there during Lindsay's baby shower, and they loved it too. (fun for all ages, I guess!)
I'm so excited to see you tomorrow. Hey- if you want to, (this means you have to) bring some exercise clothes/shoes, and maybe we can go walking on Friday morning before we head back. I usually go with a few friends on Friday mornings, and I'd love you to meet them. We walk at the track, next to a playground, and I'm sure the kids would have fun too! Let me know if you need anything else before you head up.
Kim, it looks like a lot of fun there! Kylee dedicating her hike is lovely just as an idea, and how special too. I have to say it made me emotional to read about your mom too, it adds to the emotion of my trip here too as I have thought about your mom this week too.
Post a Comment