Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Little Bit of Humor...

{A Child's Prayer}

We have had quite the laughs this weekend. Today Hunter's class was in charge of opening exercises for Primary. Because his class is so small he had to do both the prayer and scripture. We taught him his scripture which was in Psalm: "All of you are children of the most High". He practiced it all morning and was so excited to do his "part".

He had to say the prayer first and as he got up he started his prayer in the normal way, "bless that we can have a good day..." then came, "bless all the children of the most High that they can be safe..."

Oh my goodness! Chet and I were just elbowing each other trying our hardest not to burst out laughing! It was just SO stinking cute and funny. Then when he was supposed to give his scripture he kind of looked confused like he was thinking, "but I already said my part!". Maybe he figured he would just kill two birds with one stone and do it all at once! What a cute and sweet little guy. I just love being his mommy!

{Doggy Diaper}

We have had our suspicions that Bella was...how do dog breeder's put it...."in season" by the way she was constantly licking. Our suspicions were correct and yesterday there was "evidence" all over the tile...I know, EEEWWW! (despite Tammy's wishes we are highly considering getting her fixed because of this, Sorry Tam!) So, we did the best thing we could think of. Hence the word "doggy diaper".

We laughed so hard not only because of how funny it looked but because she just stood there forever with her head down looking so embarrassed and ashamed that she had to wear such a thing. She literally just stood in one place for the longest time looking so embarrassed. Then it was even funnier to watch her walk in it. She looked like she was in a cast. Moving her hind legs directly up and down without bending them. She is doing much better in it today and after the first diaper I figured it couldn't be comfortable with her tail so I cut a little hole at the top and fit her tail through. I think that gave her back a little bit of dignity!

Poor little pooch...I just apologize each time I put one on her just telling her how much I can sympathize!



5 comments:

Unknown said...

That's funny!!

Tiffinee said...

That's halarious! That's bordering on the line of animal cruelty isn't it?

Jeanne said...

Poor pooch, but it is pretty cute. A pregnant mom's gotta do what a pregnant mom's gotta do, right? I think Chad and Angel did that with their dog too.

Cami Jo said...

I have NEVER heard of such a thing! Couldn't help but laugh though!

Hunter's prayer was hillarious. I can just imagine what people were thinking. How cute!!!

Jeanne said...

Hey I just had a memory of when I was at your house in W. Jordan one night and Ryan said the evening prayer and he said, "And bless that our house won't fall upon us", or something like that. We tried really hard to maintain reverence, but it was so sweet and cute!