Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Smart, The Proud....The Ugly!


Wow...I can't believe that it's halfway through the school year already! Kylee's second quarter ended yesterday and she did it again. She achieved another 4.0!!! Woo hoo :)
She had one A- that was holding her back and we were all worried that she wasn't going to get it up enough to change it to an A but she did. She finally got her contacts that we promised her for her first 4.0 and she is just loving them. Hopefully, she won't have any problems with them and will be able to continue wearing them.

We are just so proud of her. That is something I never achieved and I hope she continues on with this trend! It's things like this that make me so happy and so proud to be the mom of these wonderful kids. I have been so blessed and don't know what I did to deserve these kids.

Being a mom is the best and the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. I realized that when I decided to be a mom there would be some not so fun and yucky things that would come with it. Like, being up in the wee hours of the night with sick kids, cleaning up throw up and even diarrhea messes. And even though I would rather be doing other things, that all comes with being a mom....to kids!

Dogs on the other hand....that's a different story!

I woke up about 2:30 this morning to the sound of Bella licking and cleaning herself. I could smell something that resembled that awful smell of dog gas. I was worried that maybe she had to use the bathroom and had some bad indigestion because she had finished off some shrimp fettuccine I accidentally left out on my night stand next to my bed. So, I got up and the minute I opened my bedroom door the smell was stronger. I knew then that it most likely wasn't Bella.

When it's really cold outside Chet brings Gunner in from outside and lets him sleep in our laundry room (which is not very big) just off of our kitchen. The closer I got into the kitchen the stronger the smell was and I had a pretty good idea what he had done in there. I just didn't expect it to be what it was....horrible diarrhea!!! And it was EVERYWHERE!!! Not just all over the floor but splattered up the door, dryer etc. Now those of you who haven't seen Gunner, he is our very large Golden Retriever. It couldn't have been little Bella who only eats a cup of food a day...no, that would just be to easy. Or should I say "merciful". It just had to be my huge, honkin, bear of a dog, who is an outside dog at that!

Now that you are all grossed out by that let me just mention the fact that he had laid in it so it was all over him too! So, I couldn't let him out to the garage b/c it was on the other side of the laundry room. So, I had to take him out through the kitchen to the back door...all the while his tail is wagging and splattering "stuff" everywhere. And to be honest, I was really freaked out about it happening so close to the kitchen/food quarters. I seriously starved myself for half the day because I couldn't bring myself to eat anything.

I swear I just sat there forever, wanting to cry, throwing up into the garbage can, not even knowing where to start and with what! Needless to say I need a new rug, mop, scrub brush buckets and rags b/c everything that touched that stuff is now garbage!

Now, I will gladly clean up after my sick kids but this... this, I didn't sign up for! Or at least I didn't think so!


6 comments:

Cami Jo said...

Gross. Can I just say, GROSS!? I'm sorry. It's even worse that it was the middle of the night that you had to be cleaning it up instead of sleeping! The pictures of Kylee are GORGEOUS, by the way! Tell her congrats on the grades. Good for her!

Anonymous said...

oh that is SO nasty! I'm sick for you I'd loose it all as well thats when Chet steps in to be the MAN! right? Pictures of Kylee are so cute!

Evie B. said...

Gross. I think I just threw up a little reading that.

Lindsay said...

Go Kylee! What a babe! I hope Chet is preparing to keep the boys away! And I'm sorry about that nasty stuff - no fun! At least you have AWESOME kids, right? Hang in there! I hope you're feeling good and sleeping okay!

Shareen said...

That is so sick! I'm sure Chet was so glad he was sick that night. The picture of Kylee is gorgeous. She looks way too old though. Put her glasses back on. haha

Ashley said...

oh my gosh! That really is nasty! I think the thing that makes it so gross and hard is the fact that it splattered EVERYWHERE.
But on a lighter note! GREAT JOB KYLEE!!