Thursday, January 29, 2009

On a Positive Note...


These last few days, even weeks, I have been riding the hormone roller coaster! I have been feeling so down, discouraged, overwhelmed, anxious and frustrated. I am so excited for this baby to come at times but then feel so scared and overwhelmed when I think about it. There is so much to do and get, not to mention the thought of basically starting all over again. Hunter will be 5 years old a month after the baby is born. FIVE YEARS!!! That's quite the age gap! I was going through baby things realizing how old and worn everything is. Then I think about my house. We will be having 5 kids in a four bedroom home! So then my mind starts racing of needing to finish the basement and how, etc... OH MY!

My patience with my kids has been zilch...then add a sick dog on top of that! I worry to easily and stress out too much about how other people think and feel, especially about me. I watch the news and hear how bad the economy is, how people are losing jobs among other depressing and scary things. It really hasn't helped my mood. Yet, through this and seeing other people's trials around me it has really made me begin to think.

I have realized that I have so many blessings that I take for granted and I am trying to think more positively.

So on that note (and a reminder to myself, whenever I start having a pity party, I can come back and read this) I have made a list, in no specific order, of things that I am grateful for.

~I am grateful for the the outdated doors (some hanging off hinges), the worn down carpet and unfinished basement...because it means I HAVE a roof over my head and HOME to live in!

~I am grateful for hand prints and smudges all over my walls and footprints all through my clean floor...because it means I have CHILDREN to put them there!

~I am grateful for all my aches and pains, the sleepless nights and having to go to the bathroom every 30 minutes...because it means I have a healthy, growing BABY inside me!


~I am grateful for some of those sleepless nights being due to loud snoring (or coughing as of late) from my husband...because it means he is home, in bed, next to ME! (and not somebody else!)

~ I am even grateful for bad drivers...because it means I have a running vehicle to be driving around in!


~I am grateful for all the taxes that are taken out of our paycheck...because it means Chet has a JOB and a paycheck to bring home!

There are so many other things that I am so grateful for...like good health for myself and kids, great family and friends and the Gospel just to name a few.

I am trying to realize that I can't control other people's actions or thoughts and sometimes that's hard! But I CAN control my own thoughts and actions and with that I am going to try to be a more positive and better person!

8 comments:

Jeanne said...

That is a great post and I think I might come back and read it sometimes too. I am trying to embrace "come what may and love it".

Gunner said...

You seriously want to go into the whole snoring thing? :)

Kim and Chet said...

Lol...yeah, I thought you'd enjoy that one! :)

Evie B. said...

What a great reminder - thanks! I think we'd all do good to remember those kinds of things.

Lindsay said...

That was so sweet! Thanks for the reminder...I think we've all felt like that before! (and maybe still do!) You are a good sport though, and hang in there - everything will magically be perfect again when you finally see that little baby in your arms! Yay!

Sonda said...

Great post! we all need the reminder sometimes of what we HAVE instead of what we DON'T HAVE. Thanks for being you.

Tiffinee said...

You just might be too sexy!! Seriously....no one is as cute as you are pregnant!

Cami Jo said...

I know how you feel! Isn't it sad how easy it is getting caught up in the things that we DON'T have, instead of what we do? Thanks for the reminder! Great post!