Friday, January 2, 2009

To A New Start!

New Year Comments
New Year Comments
|

As we begin a new year I think about this last one and all that has happened good and bad. I ask myself if I accomplished my goals and resolutions that I set for myself and quite honestly, again, I feel as if I did not. Every year I set a goal to be a better mother, to be more patient with my kids and to try and set a better example for them. I just don't feel that I have done that. But, do we ever feel that we are good mothers or "good enough" all together for that matter?

There was so much that happened this last year. We had some great things happen as well as the not so great. Both Chet and I had events happen on our birthday's that we will probably never forget, to say the least, but through the bad things it has really made me focus on what is important in life and also made me realize how blessed I am. I have an amazing husband and great kids...who could ask for anything more!

The other day I got thinking about all the events and I realized that I have been pregnant for pretty much this ENTIRE year! I got pregnant last January, lost the baby, and immediately got pregnant again. So other than the waiting period we had in between I have been "with child" for most of 2008! Makes it seem like a LONG pregnancy :)

Here is our year in review... (mostly the highlights)

Chet: Got a raise (wahoo), Traveling more for work, coached little league football and went to the state championship, continues to stay involved with boxing.

Kim: Got pregnant, lost the baby, got pregnant, released as secretary in YW presidency, continues to run kids everywhere.

Kylee: Got a new room downstairs, turned 13, started 7th grade at SJMS, got a 4.0 first quarter, takes tumbling and piano.

Makayla: 4th grade, takes dance, doing very well in school.

Talon: 2nd grade, played spring and fall baseball, started Jr. Jazz, doing very well in school.

Hunter: Started preschool, played T-ball, learned how to write his name (among other things) and is anxiously waiting to be a big brother.

We had a great Holiday week and hope everybody else had the same. We went to Good Wood for our New Years Eve dinner and it was really yummy. Then we went to Shareen's and had our annual battle of Password, in which... I hate to admit, the women lost to the men...again! (I swear that game can cause divorces!) We brought in the New Year with kisses and our version of champagne...sparkling cider! Then it was Karaoke time!!! Josh, again, paid tribute to Whitney Houston and Dolly Parton. I think fun was had by all :) New Years Day was at mom's with food, games and QUARTERS!!!

I am so grateful to have such wonderful family and friends and hope you all know how much we love and appreciate you all and everything you do for us! Happy 2009...may it be a great year for EVERYBODY!!!

6 comments:

Shellie said...

Great pictures, the one with the kids can be your next year's Christmas card.
Don't worry about feeling inadequate as a mom, I think it comes with motherhood. You are doing great.
Hope next year is as productive as this last one.

Lindsay said...

Cute Pictures! Having an awesome camera makes every holiday even better! Yay! That was a fun night! Happy New Year!

Jeanne said...

Good post Kimberly. I didn't take a single picture on New Years Eve, can you believe it? We did make some family resolutions as well as individual, and I must say by the end I pulled a towel that was handy over my head because to write everyone's out and think of how I might be involved in everyone's resolutions was quite overwhelming!!! Luckily Randal re-emphasized accountability at the end. But mom's have a lot of follow through for everyone else, don't we?
Happy New Year my dear friend! Talk to you this coming week!

Tiffinee said...

And you are a blogger!! I LOVE it!!! I will never again be oblivious to what happened to Kim Burr!! I am excited to read up! Your blog is awesome!

Tiffinee said...

Oh....and your family is GORGEOUS (of course)!!

Candace said...

So nice to know I'm not the only one feeling inadequate! I think You're awesome though. You even sent out Christmas Cards!! You rock & don't forget it.