Thursday, January 8, 2009

Oh to be FOUR!

These last couple of days I have just enjoyed watching Hunter be a little kid. He is just so stinking cute with all of the funny things he does and says. He is just so small yet he acts so big sometimes.

{ COOKIES }

Today we made cookies...all his idea...when he got home from preschool. He just couldn't contain his excitement and he wanted to help SO bad. After helping me scoop the dough onto the cookie sheets this was our conversation:

Hunter: "Am I doing a good job mom?"
Me: "You are doing a FABULOUS job!"
Hunter: (With a big giggle and grin) "I'm a good helper"
Pause: (worried face) "Wait, what does that word mean?"
Me: "It means you are doing a really, REALLY good job"
Then the beaming smile returns to his face..."Yup, I am!"





Hmm...maybe if you lick both spoons at once you get double the flavor! (and double the fun...go ahead, finish the jingle b/c I know you're all singing it right now! Well, those of you who are old enough to remember it that is!)




{ YUM! }

He has had so much fun playing with Bella and I think she is in heaven having a little boy around to shower her with attention and play with her. Last night I caught them sitting (and laying) on the kitchen floor playing and loving each other. He was actually giving her Eskimo kisses...or maybe we should rename it "doggy kisses".


He also can't wait for his big brother to get home. Every morning he asks me if it's "shote" (short) day. When I tell him no its, "awww man!". Then the second Talon walks in the door he's asking him if he wants to play "Star Wars" or other games on the Wii. He loves playing with his big brother and I'm so glad that they have each other. It still amazes me that at four years old (even earlier for that matter) he already knows how to work video games and controllers. Maybe that's a bad thing!


I absolutely LOVE having that little guy around. There's just something about having little ones around the house that just puts a smile on my face :)
(most of the time...)


3 comments:

Jeanne said...

What a cute kid! I love the second picture! Looks like you are loving your camera and software!

Sonda said...

He's so cute. Davis loves having "Huntoe" come play. Maybe when you have that baby he can live here while Chet goes to work?!

Lindsay said...

Such CUTE pictures! Oh my goodness, they are adorable! And I am loving your new camera - what awesome shots! Nice work! Those cookies looked yummy!