Thursday, April 23, 2009

My Makayla


I feel like my poor, sweet little Makayla often gets neglected. As I've looked back through previous posts and pictures I've noticed that I have a lot of Kylee, Talon, Hunter and Cash but hardly any of Makayla. She is just so sweet, quiet and passive and she never fights to be in the spotlight so I think often times she doesn't get it.

I have noticed that I am not always the best at listening to her when she's trying to talk to me...not intentionally but my mind is always somwhere else and I just feel so bad that I don't devote as much time to her. So, I have made it a goal to give her a bit more undivided attention. I have promised her so many "mommy, daughter" dates that I have yet to pay up on and I am going to make it a goal to do that before the end of next month. I know how it is to be the "middle" child and I don't want her to ever feel like she is not as important or loved as the others.

We had fun taking pics the other day and here are some of the ones I liked most.






6 comments:

Lindsay said...

What a babe! She is such a sweetheart! I love your pictures too - they are amazing! She's a natural little model! How cute! She really is such a good girl, you are lucky to have her! We love you too Makayla!!!

Cami Jo said...

Those pictures turned out cute! She is a doll! Don't tell anyone else, but I think she is James' secret crush! He always tells me how sweet and cute he thinks she is. He told me when I was pregnant with Kenzie, that he hoped "our girls" would be as sweet and cute as Makayla! We all love ya Makayla!

Evie B. said...

Such a pretty little girl! We love Makayla!

Shareen said...

She is such a doll. But what would you expect from a child born on the 6th of Sept. haha. She really does have such a sweet spirit about her. And she's beautiful besides :)

Emily Walker said...

Those are awesome pictures of her. I was wondering just today how to make a picture black and white but leave a certain part colored... how did you do that?!

Josh and Shalae said...

She is beautiful! I really liked the black and white one. She's so lucky to have a mom that can take all those gorgeous pics of her so she can look back and remember what she looked like when she was young:)