I find it a bit strange and even surreal to watch the memorial services of one of my favorite childhood music Icons, Michael Jackson.
I used to hurry home from school each day and turn on MTV first thing, watching and waiting for "THRILLER" to come on. I will even admit that I had a little "crush" on him as a little girl. I would hold my dad's "Thriller" album to my chest and even stroke his face as I talked and sang to him. (I know, a bit creepy...but what can I say, I was a little girl and he still looked halfway "normal"!) I also remember playing Barbie's with Jeanne and we would always pick our make believe boyfriends and you can guess who mine would be. At least until Knight Rider became popular and then it changed to the "Hoff Man!". I cringe at the thought of some of those crushes now...oh well.
So, I am a bit melancholy at the reality that a Legend is gone. I often felt bad for him and all of the trials and bad publicity he had. I hope now he and his family can find some peace. He will forever be remembered for his musical and dance talents as well as the impression he left on the world. Goodbye MJ.
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
A Legend
Posted by Kim and Chet at 3:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I am SO with you on this one. I miss Michael! But at the same time, we know he's so much happier where he is now, and his body doesn't hurt anymore, and he's truly happy knowing the truth and I think it's all for the best. But he was my FAVE, I am a huge fan. I keep telling Anne that maybe someday in heaven he'll give us dance lessons! Ha! Oh yeah, and I took those pictures of Annie at Wheeler Farm...seriously my favorite place to take pictures so far. I took some pictures of my co-worker's family on Sunday there, and I think they all turned out great! There's just SO many good photo-op places and great backgrounds. I love it! If you ever want to go, call me - I want to come with! It's a blast!
Don't worry Kim, everyone thought he was cute back then. :) I forgot about the barbie thing... but now I am remembering. We had a lot of fun playing Barbie's in our huge mansion of your whole room didn't we? Better than Tracie's barbie house we realized, even though we both wanted one before then.
I am having a hard time missing the Legend, but I do hope he gets the peace he needs now. Sad story... too many in show-biz.
Post a Comment