Sunday, August 17, 2008

And Growing...

For those of you who weren't at the Fullmer's on Sunday, Hunter's shirt says it all!

















I know most of you have been speculating for the last few weeks and have probably been guessing this was the case. Especially those knowing we wanted to start again as soon as our waiting period was over because of the recent miscarriage. So YES we are excited to announce that we are adding to our brew.

We wanted to wait until my Dr. appt which was last Monday to make sure everything was okay before we broke the news. Especially to our kids since they were so sad that we lost the last one. I have been really nervous myself and haven't let myself even think too far ahead into the pregnancy. Like shopping for maternity clothes and baby strollers or looking on pregnancy sites. My Dr. did an ultrasound right off the bat and didn't even bother with the pelvic exam...NO COMPLAINTS!!! I have never seen anything so fantastic as that little blurry thing on the screen with a heartbeat! I felt like I could breathe for the first time in many weeks! I have been really sick and I am getting quite the baby bump so it was starting to get difficult to hide from everybody. My Dr. did prescribe me a medication to help with the nausea, which has been great, but it is made with a sleep aid so I have been SOOO tired this last week. But I will take tired over having my head in the toilet all day :) We told the kids that night during family night. Our lesson was on "eternal families" and I made a family tree starting out with just the trunk with Chet and my name on it. Then we had branches with each of the kids' names on them and they got to put their own branch onto the trunk. Then we added an extra branch that said "Baby" on it onto our tree. They were so excited!

I am 12 weeks along and due Feb. 28, 2009. Hunter and Talon made it clear that they want a baby sister and I think Kylee and Makayla are hoping for a girl too. As for Chet and I, we really don't care. We have decided though that we are going to be old fashioned and wait til the very end to find out what sex the baby is! So sorry, but you're going to have to wait until the very end with us to find out what we're having:)

I find these pictures and information very interesting and I thought I'd share my progress monthly with you. Here is what is happening with our baby so far!


My Baby

You're almost at the end of your first trimester! Your baby's now approaching 3 inches long and weighs about half an ounce. But that teeny body sure has a lot of remarkable detail! This week, your little guy's face continues to take shape, with his nose and chin becoming more refined. And he's now got -- count 'em -- 10 fingernails and toenails decorating his mini digits. As your baby's muscles start to bulk up, he's getting busy stretching and kicking, although he's still too teeny for you to take notice. But if you touch your tummy, and could see his response, he'd probably be wriggling!



11 comments:

Evie B. said...

Awesome! I had my sneaking suspicions....CONGRATULATIONS!

Unknown said...

WOW!! Congrats!

Jeanne said...

Whew, that cat is out of the bag and I don't have to be cautious around Lauren when I am on the phone with you! Now she is hitting me because I didn't tell her! I am really happy for you and think it is great your kids are so excited. I love the shirt (and the smile on big brothers face!)and the addition about the baby on the blog because it is so fun to see what your baby is doing in there! It is so miraculous to think about a little person growing in you, even if they do make you sick! (or need insulin shots)

stephanie said...

Congrats!!! that's very exciting - great self control, waiting to the end to find out!

CaliMama said...

Congratulations! We are so excited to hear of the announcement...finally! Love the shirt idea...the girls are excited to have a new baby cousin. A girl would be fun but a boy won't be bad either... guess we just have to wait...:)

Shareen said...

I am so excited for you guys. You have such pretty babies. haha.

fubug said...

yay! and for you 411, I want it to be a girl.

Audrey said...

Oh my gosh! congrats!! I'm sorry you have been feeling horrible.. I felt that way too! My doctor gave me Zofran, which made me not so tired as the first prescription he gave me ( I cant remember what that was) I'm so happy for you and your family!

Anonymous said...

I know I've told you but we are so happy for you & your family.

Cami Jo said...

I'm so glad the secrets out! I've been dying to tell SOMEBODY! J/K. I'm glad for you guys. That's awesome. Let me know if there is anything I can do for ya. (Kind of hard in Idaho...I know...but hey- the offers still on the table). It stinks to be so tired and sick, when you have other kids to deal with. Congratulations again though. We're excited for ya!

Emily Walker said...

Congrats for sure! I was totally shocked reading your post. haha But, then again, I don't ever see you. Wow. That's way cool. It sounds like the kids are happy as well.