Saturday, August 30, 2008

Bleeding Blue


Ahh...it's here! You can feel it in the air and smell it in the fresh cut grass. It's football season!

At our house it is a very highly anticipated time of year. There is nothing like the energy and excitement of a football game...and guys in pads and tight pants! :) haha

Chet has coached Bingham Little League football for the past 12 years but with his increasingly busy work schedule, Talon's baseball games, losing Cody to Copper Hills and Bobby Deerdorf quiting he thought it would be a good time to take a year off. He had a really hard time making that decision and I was really bummed about it myself. I was really hoping he would coach. He had a friend call him several months ago and asked him to help coach and just wouldn't let up. Call after call and email after email Chet told him no. Then a few weeks ago Chet told me he was going to go down and "look at them". I just laughed and said
"Ah, you're coaching!" haha..."No, no. I just want to see how they look!". I knew the minute he stepped onto the field that that's all it would take. Needless to say he's coaching...he can't help it, it's in his blood!

We love watching the High School team play and are still very strong supporters of our Alma Mater! Go Bingham!!!

Not only do we love our Bingham Blue but we also have our Cowboy's blue and BYU blue. So, I guess you could say we bleed blue through and through.

Tal and Hunter came in today with their pads and helmet on and asked me to help put Chet's old little league jersey on. Then they grabbed their football and went out to play. Chet saw them out there and decided to take this opportunity to teach them a few things.

Hunter watched Talon hit the bag a few times and decided he wanted in on the fun.

They are such cute boys and I can't wait until they are old enough to start playing football!

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Now you just need to dig out the cheerleading uniforms for your girls and teach them the cheers!

Jana Sohm said...

I love that your boys are into football! I hear you about the "feeling" in the air. I love it!! That is so fun that Chet is into coaching. I bet he is so good w/ the boys!

THE HANSEN'S said...

Wow you guys have been up to alot. i'm sorry i havent been able to keep up until recently. So glad to hear about the pregnancy. sad to hear your not feeling well. but hopefully the new trimester will bring some welcome changes.

Cami Jo said...

Hey- I got a comment from a "Gunner" and I only have one guess of who that might be. If it was Uncle Chet, tell him that the lady in the picture totally looks like she's nursing her baby, but I remember her holding him, while he slept. Funny though! Your family looks like you are having fun with the new season and all! glad to see Uncle Chet is coaching after all. He would be so bored if he didn't coach....wouln't he?!