Monday, August 25, 2008

Back To School.

Kylee started her first day of 7th grade today and let me tell you what an emotional night I had last night as well as this morning. I swear I am having Kindergarten flashbacks! Chet gave her a blessing last night and I cried through it. She thought I was goofy for crying because "it's only 7th grade, mom!" but what she doesn't realize is I know that it will soon become 10th grade, then college and marriage. 6 years is not a very long time and knowing that that's all she has before she moves out is killing me. I know...I shouldn't think about that time before it comes but I can't help it right now. I am trying hard to live in the "now" and enjoy each moment...and really, I am! But I'm also dreading what is to come. It's just hard b/c I know how hard these years of Jr. High are and the things that she is going to be facing. Chet's blessing was really nice and very comforting for me. I hope she listens to the counsel in the blessing. She is a good girl and I trust her completely I am just afraid for the things she will be exposed to and have to face. YIKES!

I saw this old church commercial on Jeanne's blog and it really depicts how I am feeling right now. I'm glad she found it and let me borrow it because I couldn't even remember what it was called. Thanks Jeanne!




Makayla and Talon also started school last week. Makayla is in 4th grade...already and Talon is in 2nd. They both had a great week and loved their teachers. I'm so glad and look forward to a great new school year with these two!

3 comments:

Sonda said...

I love that commercial...it still makes me cry. It seems like they really do grow up that fast.

Cami Jo said...

What a perfect commercial for you this week! I bet you bawl everytime you watch it, huh?

Your kids look great for school! I love to look at first day of school pictures. How fun! I hope they had a good time!

Shareen said...

Such cute pictures of the kids. That commercial makes me tear up a bit too. The years do go by very fast, but just enjoy each moment. Then when she gets college age, you give her the "we can't afford to send you away" speach and she stays home and goes to slcc. Worked for me. haha :)